Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
davidkettle
Enthusiast
davidkettle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo web site

I've had my Kobo for over a week now and I'm basically pleased with it, but I have to say I don't like the Kobo web site very much. The search function is totally inadequate. You can't search specifically by author, title, subject, ISBN, etc., like you can on most bookdealers' web sites, such as Chapters/Indigo for example. And if you browse by category, unless you drill down far enough it only seems to return a maximum of 500 titles. And some books seem to have been put in the wrong category altogether. So searching for something, or just browsing, is somewhat painful.

How do others feel about the web site?
davidkettle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
There search engine has always sucked, it's one thing that makes Kobo a site I go to only after looking at other sites.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
I find the same thing. I was looking for a book; Love in the Time of Dragons and not only did I not find the book but they gave me something completely unrelated.

Now I remember why I got my books elsewhere.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
techie42
Zealot
techie42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KOBO and iPad
Wow I see what you mean!

Why is there no advanced search option or at least an extact title search option?
techie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
Bluebizzer
Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo
Yeah, I had trouble finding anything using it when I wanted to buy my first book after getting my Kobo. Found it really odd not seeing any search options.
Bluebizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
While I have yet to actually buy anything from Kobo, e-book wise, I will continue to check prices against other places. There is some variation on price and titles available. I think it's pretty dumb, however, not including the size of the book to be purchased. And if I didn't own a Kobo, I probably wouldn't bother.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookstore website kobo