Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-25-2018, 07:49 AM   #1
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

The Uncommon Reader

I just want to say a big "THANK YOU" to all who recommended this book. It's the perfect wind down after the denseness of Left Hand of Darkness. Very literally laugh out loud funny, and that's despite the not infrequent jibes at some place not far from here
Old 12-30-2018, 09:39 PM   #2
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Do you mean the Virginia Woolf book?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2018, 04:19 AM   #3
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Do you mean the Virginia Woolf book?
No, Alan Bennett. From what little I know of Ms Woolf's work, I get the impression "laugh out loud funny" is not the most widely used description. 🙂
Old 01-01-2019, 01:03 AM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
No, Alan Bennett. From what little I know of Ms Woolf's work, I get the impression "laugh out loud funny" is not the most widely used description. 🙂
That's what I thought and why I asked. I must have a look at the Alan Bennett book.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote