Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
PsyDocJoanne
Loves her 505 and her Z4!
PsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Read-Along: A Passage to India

Hi fellow MobileReaders.....

pilotbob and I are thinking of reading "A Passage to India" by E.M. Forster at the same time (it was listed on Time's 100 greatest list, which I posted earlier today).

I was wondering if anyone else is game? It's available on Amazon for the Kindle at the low low price of $3.95, and available as a .lit on Fictionwise for $4.58 if you're a club member.

C'mon people...it might be fun! If people are interested, we'll pick a start date....Bob and I both have books in the works that we need to finish first.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Just to be complete it's $5.69 at Sony. (phew)

BOb
Advert
Old 10-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So it's not here at MobileRead?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
"A Passage to India" was $3.95 for the Kindle..........
Old 10-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After the 50% rebate at Fiction and being a club member, you get it for $5.09 with the final price being $2.54 and the rest going to your micropay account.

But, I've found a legal copy for $0. I just borrowed it from my public library's eBook collection.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-10-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Advert
Old 10-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
After the 50% rebate at Fiction and being a club member, you get it for $5.09 with the final price being $2.54 and the rest going to your micropay account.

But, I've found a legal copy for $0. I just borrowed it from my public library's eBook collection.
Nicely done. You win!
Old 10-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Nicely done. You win!
It's not about winning, it's about helping others. And now I have it on my 505 ready to start.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:13 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Even though it is only 3.95 for Kindle, I am going to grab it from Fictionwise for 5.99. I have $10.xx micropay credit so I might as well use it.

BOb
Old 10-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Even though it is only 3.95 for Kindle, I am going to grab it from Fictionwise for 5.99. I have $10.xx micropay credit so I might as well use it.

BOb
there ya go!
Old 10-11-2008, 03:40 AM   #10
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDocJoanne View Post
pilotbob and I are thinking of reading "A Passage to India" by E.M. Forster at the same time (it was listed on Time's 100 greatest list, which I posted earlier today).

I was wondering if anyone else is game?
Count me in. I haven't read this one yet, but I liked Howards End and especially A Room with a View.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:34 AM   #11
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Just to be complete it's $5.69 at Sony. (phew)

BOb
And it's $5.99 in BoB (minus 3.05 in reward dollars, making it $2.94 in the end). PDF, eReader and Mobipocket versions.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:30 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
So it's not here at MobileRead?
No, it's not in the public domain anywhere in the world.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:53 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

BOb
But if you pay for it at Fictionwise using Micropay, you'll end up not getting the discount.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:23 AM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
But if you pay for it at Fictionwise using Micropay, you'll end up not getting the discount.
But why would I want to spend more cash there? Every book I've checked price for at Amazon has been more at FW. Even more than the club price many times. I just want to use up the rest of my micro pay.

BOb
Old 10-11-2008, 10:38 AM   #15
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I got it from FW. Used a coupon from their club promo. So I have no idea what I paid for it. I have a suspicion that it was around $300.00.
Closed Thread