Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 11-05-2016, 05:33 PM   #91
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
It has arrived. But... Banggood did not send me the JDRead T63. What I received is called the T62E. It looks very much like the T62+ I had some time ago. I am searching for some specs on the T62E, but haven't found anything yet. When I turned it on, it was Chinese, but I found the language settings (lucky guess) and changed to English.

Could this T62E have a 300 dpi screen? The screen could be that resolution; hard to tell. But T63 it ain't.

If anyone has any info on this little beastie, I'd appreciate it! If it is 300 dpi, I'd just keep it even if it isn't a T63.

Edit: Maybe I should start a new T62E thread???

Edit#2: According to adb shell dump sys display, it's 240 dpi. (It's probably 212 dpi, though.)

Last edited by downeaster59; 11-06-2016 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Revised info.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:05 AM   #92
puchatek2
puchatek2 began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX i62HD AngelGlow
So banggood advertise JDRead T63 and ship t62E. Are they kidding? Do You conatct with them? it may be a warehouse mistake. they offer t62+ now at http://www.banggood.com/BOYUE-T62-Du...l?rmmds=search
i has hope for t63 review and now i need to wait more.
Could You show some photos of this thing what they send?

Last edited by puchatek2; 11-08-2016 at 04:07 AM.
puchatek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2016, 06:53 AM   #93
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchatek2 View Post
So banggood advertise JDRead T63 and ship t62E. Are they kidding? Do You conatct with them? it may be a warehouse mistake. they offer t62+ now at http://www.banggood.com/BOYUE-T62-Du...l?rmmds=search
i has hope for t63 review and now i need to wait more.
Could You show some photos of this thing what they send?
I"ve attached a couple of photos. I did contact Banggood. They asked for photos and the SKU, so I sent those. I'm waiting to hear more from them. To make matters worse, this T62E has started freezing and bootlooping.

This could be a warehouse mistake. Or, if as some people have said, the T63 is available only in Chinese, this is a way around that - sort of.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0170.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	466.7 KB
ID:	152869   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0173.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	469.8 KB
ID:	152870   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0174.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	437.9 KB
ID:	152871  
Old 11-09-2016, 07:53 AM   #94
downeaster59
Wizard

Well. Banggood to back to me last night. Their customer service has made me a good offer. I can either keep the T62E and get a $60 rebate back from them, or send back the T62E and get the T63 I originally ordered. Banggood will reimburse me for my postage if I do that. To me, that's very fair. Now I need to decide!

I'm having some trouble with the T62E. It reboots after a short time, and/or simply freezes. Some people on this forum have seen a similar problem and were able to solve it by changing the microSD card they used with it. I tried that with one other card I had, and it didn't help. I'm not sure what other options I could try. Sending it back is tempting.

I'm also considering keeping the T62E and putting the $60 rebate toward a T63. I'd spend little more money, but I could then feel free to experiment more with the T62. Maybe I could get it working. Of course, if there's a hardware glitch, the T62 will be pretty useless.

If anyone has any thoughts, feel free to share them.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:45 AM   #95
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
And without and SD card? With just the internal one is it stable?
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2016, 11:24 AM   #96
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
And without and SD card? With just the internal one is it stable?
No. It isn't stable. It will boot up (sometimes), but within five minutes it will freeze or reboot. Or reboot and then freeze. I'm beginning to think that it needs to go back.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:28 PM   #97
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
If anyone has any thoughts, feel free to share them.
One thing you may wish to keep in mind, is that the T63 will likely be running an un/semi-official firmware to give it English, and so may likewise be glitchy. Do you really want to be stuck with a second, known-to-be-glitchy, eReader under those circumstances?
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:03 PM   #98
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
One thing you may wish to keep in mind, is that the T63 will likely be running an un/semi-official firmware to give it English, and so may likewise be glitchy. Do you really want to be stuck with a second, known-to-be-glitchy, eReader under those circumstances?
Good point. I had a good experience with the T62+ I had last year. Foolishly, I decided to sell it when I was cleaning house last spring.

Well, I decided to return the T62E to Banggood in exchange for a T63. They promised to reimburse me for my shipping costs in returning the T62E, which seemed like a fair deal. The T62E is basically unusable. I have nothing to lose in exchanging it for the T63. But it would have been silly to keep the T62E and pay to get a T63 as well.

In the meantime, I have an Onyx Boox C67ML Carta 2 for my eBook reading. That device is working quite well. Its only limitations are the small userdata partition and a shorter battery life than the T62+ had.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:57 PM   #99
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
In the meantime, I have an Onyx Boox C67ML Carta 2 for my eBook reading. That device is working quite well. Its only limitations are the small userdata partition and a shorter battery life than the T62+ had.
I'm not much worried about the userdata partition (I keep my books on an external card, and the only apps I'll want are reading and syncing ones, which shouldn't take up too much space). I agree on battery size (big plus for both the T63 and the Kepler Pro). I also really like the flush bezel (on both of them) -- meaning that dust/grit doesn't tend to build up in the screen edges (which has been a minor irritant throughout my i62HD's life).
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:00 AM   #100
puchatek2
puchatek2 began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX i62HD AngelGlow
it's a pitty that they send You t62 everyone here was looking for review of T63 and we have to overcome the taste. As one of us said here T63 might be glitchy due of it's unofficial firmware. So if You gona risk with T63 i'm gona keep my fingers crossed, but it takes another month or more to see how t63 works in real ;((
puchatek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:27 AM   #101
downeaster59
Wizard

Yes, getting the T63 is a risk. If Banggood sends me a real T63 this time, I'll tell you all the details. My guess is that it will take about a month for me to get my T63. My T62E has to get to China first, and then Banggood sends me the T63. If the T63 doesn't work, I'll send it back. I'll become a pro at international shipping.

What tipped me to the T63 was that it has a slightly newer version of Android than the K-Pro. One of the apps I want to use on it requires 4.1. The K-Pro has 4.04. The T63 has 4.22. My hope is that the T63 will be like my last T62+. We'll find out.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:03 AM   #102
newap96
newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Ridibooks Paper
The unofficial firmware for JDRead. Root, multilanguage. Based on C67ML Carta 2 v. 1.74.
https://yadi.sk/d/yV_TkyAtyzKD9
On Ridibooks Papper also works.
newap96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 11:10 AM   #103
newap96
newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.newap96 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Ridibooks Paper
A source:
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4509038792
newap96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 03:19 AM   #104
xapepam
xapepam began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T-63
Android market?

Newap96, thank you for firmware. Its works fine. Tell me, please. Possible to install Google play on this firmware? Im try, but "Google Services" crash every minute and i cant login to the market.. I try random versions of GoogleServices and Google play to, no luck.

Thank you. And, yes. Can u speak with me in Skype or somthing else, im too from Moscow and my english not so good.
xapepam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 07:24 PM   #105
downeaster59
Wizard

My T63 adventure - Update

I had returned the T62E Banggood had sent me, and they shipped a T63 (in theory!) last week. Not sure when it will arrive. Oddly enough, the tracking number Banggood gave me showed a package being shipped by Seychelles Post last week. I found that odd. The Seychelles? I emailed Banggood and they assured me it was the correct tracking number. We shall see. The only tracking info I see so far is that it left there (wherever there is) on the 17th.