Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-10-2018, 10:29 PM   #1
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
any app to add custom virtual buttons?

Hello

Is out there any app like button savior but that let us to add custom buttons or actions/shortcuts?

I want to add Page up / page down buttons but with button savior I can't do it as far as I know.

something like the overlay that the default browser have on the lower left but for any application.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #2
wherahiko
Enthusiast
wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle PW 3
I'm looking for something like this too. The ideal solution would be to be able to double-press the physical ("back") button to page down, or to use a two-finger swipe up and down for page up and down. Is this possible?
wherahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:24 PM   #3
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Tasker is one app that may be able to offer something like what you're looking for. It has many options for customization. The problem with any app like this is that Onyx firmwares are designed to prevent third party apps from loading at startup. The only way to get around that (AFAIK) is to root the device and make the app a system app. But rooting the Note (if that's the one you have) is like playing the lottery. There's no guarantee that it will work, though it might. It worked for me once. I wasn't able to root 1.9.

I'd love to have the ability to use the button on the stylus to do a page up/page down. Or to scroll a page, as some apps work that way.

If anyone else has suggestions, I'd love to see them.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:38 PM   #4
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherahiko View Post
I'm looking for something like this too. The ideal solution would be to be able to double-press the physical ("back") button to page down, or to use a two-finger swipe up and down for page up and down. Is this possible?

yes, you can remap the physical buttons with button mapper, the dev is even going to add an eink theme soon as the default right now makes difficult to see the options the programs have.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mebutton&hl=en

The thing is, physical buttons have a limited life.

Also, you can optimise the apps with long click on them, disable the full screen and the "volume keys" for the apps, so a single click is page up or down if you choose it without third party apps.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:41 PM   #5
whopper
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Tasker is one app that may be able to offer something like what you're looking for. It has many options for customization. The problem with any app like this is that Onyx firmwares are designed to prevent third party apps from loading at startup. The only way to get around that (AFAIK) is to root the device and make the app a system app. But rooting the Note (if that's the one you have) is like playing the lottery. There's no guarantee that it will work, though it might. It worked for me once. I wasn't able to root 1.9.

I'd love to have the ability to use the button on the stylus to do a page up/page down. Or to scroll a page, as some apps work that way.

If anyone else has suggestions, I'd love to see them.
I own the max 2, and I have it rooted (kingroot + supersu me pro to delete the bloat), also, some apps that are not system still "boot" their services at startup without opening them and some apps also preload themselves. I like that onyx prevent most of them to boot to the point that I also do that with autostarts disabling everyone of them. If I want to open one, I'll do it myself not the app alone.

How we could do it with tasker? Nver seen before a physical menu overlay made with tasker
Old 08-13-2018, 07:44 AM   #6
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
I own the max 2, and I have it rooted (kingroot + supersu me pro to delete the bloat), also, some apps that are not system still "boot" their services at startup without opening them and some apps also preload themselves. I like that onyx prevent most of them to boot to the point that I also do that with autostarts disabling everyone of them. If I want to open one, I'll do it myself not the app alone.

How we could do it with tasker? Nver seen before a physical menu overlay made with tasker
I don't know for certain how this would work with an Onyx device, but I remember being able to combine Tasker and Xposed to remap physical buttons on my old Boyue T63. I'll see if I can find the instructions on how to do that. The instructions worked on my old Onyx C67 ML Carta as well.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:58 AM   #7
whopper
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I don't know for certain how this would work with an Onyx device, but I remember being able to combine Tasker and Xposed to remap physical buttons on my old Boyue T63. I'll see if I can find the instructions on how to do that. The instructions worked on my old Onyx C67 ML Carta as well.
maybe a confussion of my words. physical buttons are not a problem, they can be remapped with button mapper on a rooted device.

It is the overlay layout with virtual buttons where the problem is. I mean, I want to have the physical buttons page up page down on a virtual layout so I don't need to click physically them, just have them drawn on the screen .

Last edited by whopper; 08-13-2018 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #8
whopper
Addict

I've found this one, is not ideal but it works

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ast.menubutton

the buttons I wanted on the side of the screen with transparency
Old 08-13-2018, 04:46 PM   #9
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
maybe a confussion of my words. physical buttons are not a problem, they can be remapped with button mapper on a rooted device.

It is the overlay layout with virtual buttons where the problem is. I mean, I want to have the physical buttons page up page down on a virtual layout so I don't need to click physically them, just have them drawn on the screen .
I misread your post. Sorry! No, Tasker won't help for virtual buttons, as far as I know.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:48 AM   #10
wherahiko
Enthusiast
wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
yes, you can remap the physical buttons with button mapper, the dev is even going to add an eink theme soon as the default right now makes difficult to see the options the programs have.
Great! I've found the app now, and it looks like it will work—once the e-ink theme is ready. At the moment, I can't see the options at all, only a white screen.

Quote:
Also, you can optimise the apps with long click on them, disable the full screen and the "volume keys" for the apps, so a single click is page up or down if you choose it without third party apps.
That would work on the Max2; sadly the Note doesn't have volume keys. It's a pity as this would be the ideal solution!
Old 08-17-2018, 04:49 AM   #11
wherahiko
Enthusiast

Quote:

That one looked promising, although for some reason the "buttons" disappear when in Inoreader ...
Old 08-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #12
whopper
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherahiko View Post
That one looked promising, although for some reason the "buttons" disappear when in Inoreader ...
I've been trying and works flawless here, no button disappear on inoreader, nor any other app at least to me.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:55 AM   #13
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
Quote:

How did you get this app to work?

I enabled the Accessibility->Menu option but still no dice.
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:34 AM   #14
whopper
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
How did you get this app to work?

I enabled the Accessibility->Menu option but still no dice.
open the app and click the "display" button that is on the lower part of the screen

Old 12-10-2018, 11:48 AM   #15
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
I did that but it just asks me to enable accessibility again
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote