Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 12:42 AM   #181
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
In case you're getting tired of all my whining, I *do* appreciate how amazingly responsive you are / have always been.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:12 AM   #182
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
In case you're getting tired of all my whining, I *do* appreciate how amazingly responsive you are / have always been.
Hey you are doing me a favor by testing things for me. And regarding the image splitting onto multiple pages bug, that was indeed a bug and will be fixed in the next beta. Basically the way bounding rectangles work for multicolumn elements is different in blink than it was in webkit. So have changed the code to adapt to that.
Advert
Old 09-16-2019, 05:11 AM   #183
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Released 3.99.5 with fixes for the issues reported by rashkae
Old 09-16-2019, 08:11 AM   #184
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Unfortunately, weirdly spaced text is back in 3.99.5
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GUI2.PNG
Views:	160
Size:	697.2 KB
ID:	173484  
Old 09-16-2019, 08:37 AM   #185
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Why would one need to wrap images in a div? A simple img { max-height: 100vh } would do the trick to prevent images being split over multiple pages. As for max-width: 100vw not usre would need to check how well it plays with columns.
But that means having to change the code which then won't work with ADE (RMSDK). I still am of the opinion that Calibre should change the % to vh or vw if the % is used for images (on the fly). Otherwise, wed have to keep changing the code depending on what software is going to display the eBook.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-16-2019 at 08:40 AM.
Advert
Old 09-16-2019, 09:54 AM   #186
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Looking great, thanks.

Pls add me to the list of folks eagerly waiting the return of the scroll bar.

Edit: Looks like you've also resolved the issues with longer loading time / between chapters gear

Last edited by rashkae; 09-16-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:08 AM   #187
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Huh there weren't any changes in the book details panel compared to the last beta, is this difference between 3.99.4 and 3.99.5? And on my machine, the row titles wrap at spaces, as expected. If you make the window super narrow then an occassional word does get wrapped in the middle, but that cant be helped.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:09 AM   #188
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@JSWolf: You dont need to change any code. Your fullscreen markup will work in both ADE and calibre as long as you use the recommended markup. If you try to make images that occupy the full screen using some custom hackery then yeah it may or may not work.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:40 AM   #189
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Recommended by who? Not that I doubt you, but I've just *never* seen it used.. If you want, I cant start feeding you a dozen examples from different publishers,, but again, I did not intend this to derail the current work.

I think the font issue I described earlier will be more of a problem for people.
Cover comes to mind.
Only a file can only bear 1 File Semantic (not just a full screen limitation)
Old 09-16-2019, 11:24 AM   #190
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Thanks for fixing both the image and font size problems. Texted using both the ebook viewer and the server viewer.

BUG:

Header and footers is not displaying the correct series number, displays 1.

bernie
Old 09-16-2019, 11:27 AM   #191
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Make your book details panel wider.

bernie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-09-16 11-28-24.png
Views:	80
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	173491  

Last edited by gbm; 09-16-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #192
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Header and footers is not displaying the correct series number, displays 1.

bernie
will be fixed in the next beta, thanks.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:03 AM   #193
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
When I tried to convert an epub to PDF and I inserted info to the Footer, it appeared on the Header.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:10 AM   #194
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
When I tried to convert an epub to PDF and I inserted info to the Footer, it appeared on the Header.
I cannot replicate that. I put the text <footer>test into the footer template setting in the PDF output section of the conversion dialog and the resulting PDF file had test at the bottom of every page.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:32 AM   #195
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
I cannot replicate that. I put the text <footer>test into the footer template setting in the PDF output section of the conversion dialog and the resulting PDF file had test at the bottom of every page.
This is my configuration.

Closed Thread