Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 01-29-2019, 05:43 AM   #1
HermesPan
HermesPan began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung tablet A & most basic Kindle (4)
Comparing Scribd and Audible

Cut to the chase - I have used both but after 5 months cancelled Scribd. Why? Scribd broke my only non-negotiable: they not only as a matter of policy do not do what I needed, they wouldn't comply even when I asked - *sending an email every time my bank card is billed.* also, while Scribd has plenty of a-books the very best scholarly and top creative writers are more likely to be found at Audible (sometimes even exclusively). If you just want quantity Scribd is good. But I am fussy about what I read, and I find that for my tastes Audible is better. Another major difference is that I get to keep all my Audible books (with Scribd you don't unless you stay hooked on the teet). I find the software works better on Audible and a detail of making highlights and notes (I forget precisely, but it was significant for this obsessive note taker and questioner of author's conclusions) I prefer Audible. Scribd is too much like Kindle Unlimited - neither for me are suitable.
HermesPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 01:00 PM   #2
Lparsons21
Zealot
Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 4
I’ve used both too and kept Scribd because it has plenty of what I want to read or here and owning books isn’t a big deal for me. Plus I read a lot, much more than listen and the cost of Audible just is too high for my needs.

That said, both services are excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Lparsons21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert