Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-13-2023, 01:00 PM   #1
rff1013
rff1013 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Scribe
Can't open Scribe notebooks in read.amazon.com

This has worked in the past for me. I'm trying to open my notebooks from read.amazon.com. The folders and icons display correctly, but, when I try to open a notebook, I receive the following error message: "Sorry, your notebook couldn't be opened. Please try again."

I've tried on multiple notebooks, to no avail. I'm on a MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.4 and using Safari. I've been able to open notebooks from this machine before.

Any troubleshooting tips?
rff1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 02:47 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Seems to be issue with Safari support. Firefox works, for example.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2023, 08:40 PM   #3
rff1013
rff1013 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Scribe
You are correct...

...I was able to access them from Edge on my Mac. Hopefully, Apple will fix the problem in an update (it was working a week ago)...unless it was an update that broke it.
rff1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 10:10 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rff1013 View Post
...I was able to access them from Edge on my Mac. Hopefully, Apple will fix the problem in an update (it was working a week ago)...unless it was an update that broke it.
It could just as easily be lack of sufficient testing on Amazon's part. Their test team should be able to get pre-release builds of macOS/Safari and address things before they update their web sites.
Old 06-14-2023, 02:35 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

On Intel Mac there's no error, but it doesn't display anything. On M1 Mac, it gives error message. Weird.

I'm going to install Sonoma beta on my MBA (M1) to see what it does with that. Supposedly Safari runs noticeably faster, and overall it is smoother than Ventura (something about optimizations for Swift applications).

Still not working with Safari with Sonoma beta (Safari Version 17.0 (19616.1.14.11.11)), get error as before.

I'm going to blame Amazon for this one, not that it matters.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-17-2023 at 05:47 PM.
Advert