Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-01-2015, 02:08 AM   #31
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It will be a few months, at least
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:00 PM   #32
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Yes, I dropped the cover setting cause the conversion plugin handles that. So does the driver plugin. So creating a KePub through either a conversion or by sending a book to a device is (supposed to be) guaranteed to have cover image property set if there's a cover image to set.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2015, 12:48 AM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Strictly, you are right. But, it was an act to cover all bases in case it hadn't happened for some reason. It probably should have a check to see if it is there and add it if needed.

Actually, there should be a check to make sure the correct image file is selected when the cover is updated. EPUBMedataWriter is doing the actual update. That takes an educated guess, but kepubs have the cover image marked. We should be making sure that only that image is changed. And if no image is marked, choosing one. I do remember thinking about this when I wrote the original code. I hadn't gotten around to revisiting it and had forgotten about it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:55 AM   #34
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ohhh, I see! Yea, I'll add a chunk of code in so the metadata writer uses the same logic as the conversions for setting the cover image. I think I'll have to go back and find your original code though, I seem to recall from looking at it that the metadata writer works on an opened stream.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:52 AM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Yes, that's what it does. My version was here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2015, 10:13 PM   #36
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Slightly amended request for books - I'd like, if possible, the original encrypted KePub from Kobo as well as the decrypted version that I can actually play with. I need to check some stuff around rights.xml.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:47 PM   #37
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Can interested parties give these a shot? Update candidates for the plugins.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KePub Input.zip (28.2 KB, 336 views)
File Type: zip KePub Metadata Reader.zip (17.4 KB, 342 views)
File Type: zip KePub Metadata Writer.zip (18.0 KB, 348 views)
File Type: zip KePub Output.zip (29.2 KB, 333 views)
File Type: zip KoboTouchExtended.zip (29.6 KB, 318 views)
Old 08-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #38
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

New version posted, get it while it's hot!

Or, you know, wait for calibre to offer it to you.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:14 PM   #39
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

New version up, some file names weren't being handled correctly.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:41 AM   #40
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

New version is posted, some books didn't get cover images set and should now. Look for calibre to offer the update in the next hour or so.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:26 AM   #41
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
I cannot save books to disk in kepub format because of this error message. Can you help?

calibre, version 2.50.1
WARNING: Error while saving: Failed to update metadata in some books, click "Show details" for more information

Failed to update the metadata in the KEPUB format of: The Bat by Jo Nesbo, with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 374, in set_file_type_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.kepubmdwriter.metadata.writer ", line 30, in set_metadata
NameError: global name 'debug_print' is not defined

Last edited by LittleBiG; 02-04-2016 at 08:20 AM.
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:09 PM   #42
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Well. That's embarrassing. I'll do my best to have a new version pushed today (Pacific time zone), it looks like a simple fix.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:18 PM   #43
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

New version pushed, seems to work fine for me. Calibre should offer the update in the next couple hours.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #44
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
I hardly dare to say, but now:

File "calibre_plugins.kepubmdwriter.metadata.writer ", line 35, in set_metadata
NameError: global name 'os' is not defined
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:03 PM   #45
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

OK, maybe my tests are missing a code path. Can you tell me what you're doing, step by step, and I'll make sure to follow your steps?