Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-12-2019, 03:50 AM   #1
Lo2
Lo2 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Aura HD
rsync PC to Kobo

Hello,

I would like to install rsync my PC folder books (debian 9) with my Kobo folder books.

I have found few interesting threads regarding rsync in the kobo here:
Link 1.
Link 2
Link 3

But I still don't get it how to install it in the Kobo. Do I have to root the kobo? install Linux in it?
Can anybody tell me the general steps in order to install rsync in my kobo please?

Laurent.
Lo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:33 AM   #2
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
If you run koreader you can set up a ssh listening service on the kobo. You should be able to rsync over ssh then?
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2019, 11:29 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup.

Otherwise, I ship rsync w/ KoboStuff if you want to setup an rsyncd on the Kobo, but it's most likely going to be more cumbersome than the SSH approach .

----

More generally, you seem to be confused about how custom stuff works on the Kobo. There's no "rooting" process involved, we're just co-opting the update process, which is entirely open. And your Kobo already runs Linux .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:06 PM   #4
Lo2
Lo2 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Aura HD
Hello

Sorry for the late answer. I have just installed koreader. I will investigate zsync and a script ssh.
Thanks a lot !

Last edited by Lo2; 03-25-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Lo2 is offline   Reply With Quote