Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-06-2018, 04:31 PM   #41731
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
You simply need my landlady's tree! I didn't think I was spooked, y'know? And then I awoke to that scratching tree, mwahahahahaha!

Hitch
What I am great at is scaring myself, especially when I'm not at home. As you know once or twice a year I go to a vacation park for a week. The front door at those cottages and apartments alway have a window in them and you always have to pass them on the way from the bedroon to the loo. When I have to go during the night (every night) I always ask myself what I would do if I saw a face through that little window. There is no reason for me to ask this question, I know I shouldn't ask myself this question, but I do.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #41732
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After years of telling myself to get a new bicycle saddle I finally ordered one. I have a gel saddle, which is nice and soft. The drawback is it when it got punctured the gel started oozing out. So I've duct taped it and it was okay though ugly. However, my saddle didn't survive the recent heat. For over two weeks it has been outside my friends' place (at home I can store it indoors) and the heat or sun is making the outside layer come loose.

So I've ordered almost the same model, the difference is that this version has a tougher outside layer (which doesn't puncture so easily). I've also ordered a nice saddle cover. A light coloured one, which hopefully doesn't get as hot as a regular black saddle when it's been in the sun. Seriously, this gel saddle heats up quickly and a hot saddle is not fun.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:03 AM   #41733
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

My friends are returning home either on Monday or Tuesday (which means most likely on Monday). Which means it's time to start the cleaning.

This afternoon I'm going to clean downstairs, then on Monday I only have to vacuum. On Sunday I'll clean upstairs.

Luckily it's a small home. It takes longer to wait for the floor to dry after mopping it than it takes to dust, vacuum and mop together.

After almost three weeks I'm really looking forward to sleep in my own bed again.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:23 AM   #41734
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

I just got back from a shopping trip with my sister. She needed to stock up on laundry detergent, then we went to a big pet store and drooled over all the fun things they have for cats. I bought some toys, snacks and one of those cardboard scratch things.

Then we went to Ikea, where I also bought some things for our future kittens (we'll most likely get two), plus a couple of other things, I cannot go to an Ikea and leave without something that wasn't on my list.

This morning I did all the chores I had planned for today. So I think I'll have an early dinner and a nice long evening of film watching.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #41735
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Watching Liverpool run riot over West Ham
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:16 AM   #41736
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

I've just packed my stuff. My friends are either returning today or tomorrow, most likely today. I've got a bag with stuff in case they return tonight, the rest of my things will be picked up by my father later today. Last year they messaged me just after 4pm that they would return that day, it's now just past 9am, so I've still got to wait a while before I'll know for sure.

I'm really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:41 PM   #41737
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

Preparing for a nice reading evening. My tea is steeping, I've lit my favourite scented candle, turned on Classic FM and I'm about to settle down with a new book.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #41738
Ralph Sir Edward
Gentleman & Cynic
Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook/Openinkpot, CYbook 3rd gen awaiting RTF software upgrade
Getting converted from a contractor to a full employee. . .
Ralph Sir Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:55 PM   #41739
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

Looking for a "helix angle & circle maker". I can get them from the US, but shipping is three times as much as the tool itself and I'm not sure I'm willing to pay €20 to €25 for a piece of plastic.

I already have a drawing compass, but I want to use it for watercolouring and then I don't want a hole in the paper. I've also got the template, but the biggest hole is too small for the project I have in mind. I could cut my own template, but the angle & circle maker is just easier and smaller.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:05 PM   #41740
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Getting converted from a contractor to a full employee. . .
Does your conversion involve Borg implants?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:43 PM   #41741
Ralph Sir Edward
Gentleman & Cynic
Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook/Openinkpot, CYbook 3rd gen awaiting RTF software upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Does your conversion involve Borg implants?
No, I already have adequate greed built in. . . .

Retirement target is now locked at Sept 30th, 2020 - assuming I don't get laid off in the interim. . .

(Besides, Borg are not my type. Daleks, on the other hand. . . )
Ralph Sir Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #41742
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post

(Besides, Borg are not my type. Daleks, on the other hand. . . )
Sure, I can see that, but the uniform SUCKS.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:30 PM   #41743
poohbear_nc
It's a bird, it's a ....
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
Just finished my after dinner walk in 90+% humidity levels .... soaking wet does not begin to describe my condition ... off to the shower now ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:15 PM   #41744
OregonJim
OregonJim doesn't litterOregonJim doesn't litter

Location: Atop a wooded hill in the great piney forest, Oregon
Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-505
Shouldn't every single post in this thread be:

"Typing a message"

?
OregonJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:22 PM   #41745
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Cooking dinner with my son. A cold orzo salad ad hamburgers with crispy, salty kale. It's actually pretty good.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?