Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
bugsbunny14
Connoisseur
bugsbunny14 began at the beginning.

html to bbeb converter ?

hello all ,

i've just downloaded rss feeds from the coonect store to my reader and it looks good .
and my question is can i convert html files to bbeb format ? because i would love to have images alongside with text .

Last edited by bugsbunny14; 10-08-2006 at 11:08 PM.
bugsbunny14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:19 PM   #2
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
You can convert HTML to PDF, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=40946.

You can also print from the browser to PDF printer.

You can also print from the browser to BBEB printer, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=40191 (although I didn't like the results).

Last edited by Slava; 10-08-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:42 PM   #3
bugsbunny14
Connoisseur
bugsbunny14 began at the beginning.

hi slava i have two questions :
1- can the reader view .rtf files with images ?
2- do u know a pdf to html or rtf converter ?
bugsbunny14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:46 PM   #4
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
1) unfortunately - no
2) some tools are mentioned over here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7875
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
charlieperry
Connoisseur
charlieperry doesn't littercharlieperry doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
BBeB Binder

The BBeB binder can convert html and txt files to lrf

http://code.google.com/p/bbebinder/

Would be a lot easier if Sony just let you download any feed.
charlieperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieperry View Post
The BBeB binder can convert html and txt files to lrf

http://code.google.com/p/bbebinder/

Would be a lot easier if Sony just let you download any feed.
You are way way way better off using Libprs500 which lets you convert HTML to LRF and download websites and newspapers and other nice things. BBeB Binder is old and not very useful any longer give that Libprs500 is still being developed.

https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/

Also there are stickies for it in the Sony forum someplace.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:04 PM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You are way way way better off using Libprs500 which lets you convert HTML to LRF and download websites and newspapers and other nice things. BBeB Binder is old and not very useful any longer give that Libprs500 is still being developed.

https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/

Also there are stickies for it in the Sony forum someplace.
I have to agree with Jon, libprs500 is the best way to go. In the time it would take you to read this thread it can convert most sites from HTML to LRF.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:23 PM   #8
QBColleen
QBColleen began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
I have to agree with Jon, libprs500 is the best way to go. In the time it would take you to read this thread it can convert most sites from HTML to LRF.
As you probably are aware...libpro500 is now "calibre"...I was excited and went to download, only to discover that as with Sony...it requires WIN XP or Vista I have WIN 2000.

My solution to reading for my 505 is to only use .rtf files. There are some PDF books but they don't allow for significant enhancement of text. I.E. Spiderwick Chronicles in pdf...you need a magnifying glass to view/read on the 505.

I ramble...I need a converter that is in sync with windows 2000. I need/want to convert all formats (text, rtf, .lit and pdf) to .lrf's...HELP.

Thanks, Colleen @ qbcolleen@msn.com

It would be lovely and worth my money of the Sony 700 had: a search feature and scroll. IMHO...til then I absolutely love my 505
QBColleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #9
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBColleen View Post
As you probably are aware...libpro500 is now "calibre"...I was excited and went to download, only to discover that as with Sony...it requires WIN XP or Vista I have WIN 2000.
Win2k and XP are very similar to one another. Did you try it?
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #10
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBColleen View Post
I need a converter that is in sync with windows 2000. I need/want to convert all formats (text, rtf, .lit and pdf) to .lrf's.
Calibre works under Linux, so I suggest dual booting to Linux or running a Linux virtual machine. I recommend Wubi, which allows you to install Ubuntu directly from Windows (including Windows 2000) and then have the option of booting into Windows or Ubuntu. If you don't like it, just uninstall like any Windows application.

By the way, my very first response was to suggest buying a more modern computer (but installing Linux is a good way to extend the life of old hardware and costs nothing but your time to try). Netbooks are small laptops which come with Linux or Windows XP Home Edition pre-installed. For example, Amazon has the "Acer Aspire One 8.9-inch Mini Laptop (1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 Processor, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, XP Home, 6 Cell Battery) White" for $400 and the "ASUS Eee PC 900HA 8.9-Inch Netbook (1.6 GHz Intel ATOM N270 Processor, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, XP Home, 4 Cell Battery) Shiny Black" for $346. These are not even the cheapest netbooks, but give you an idea of what is available.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:50 PM   #11
QBColleen
QBColleen began at the beginning.

tcv,

Yes, I'm a bone-head and was determined to have calibre, so inspite of having WIN 2000, I downloaded the darn thing and it works like a dream...I don't need "no stinkin" XP or Vista, LMAO!!

Wall craft suggests a new PC, DUH!! LOL...yes, a pentium II is definately a dino...but it's on my list. But in the meantime....I'm making due.

I have a new monitor (17" screen), not interested in a mini pc. I'll go to Tiger whatever and get a refurb.

Thanks folks for the suggestions and replies.

Colleen
QBColleen is offline   Reply With Quote