Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #226
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Version Released

Version 2.4.0 - 13 Mar 2018
Apply posixpath.normpath() to content and reference items in case of /../ in paths.
Update translations (from Transifex.com).
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:20 AM   #227
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Version Released

Version 2.4.0 - 13 Mar 2018
Apply posixpath.normpath() to content and reference items in case of /../ in paths.
Update translations (from Transifex.com).
@JimmXinu - I can confirm that your update fixed my problem as well as conversion. Thank you. Which is the better file to split - the converted one or the one your plugin now opens? Is one more stable than the other? Assuming the converted one doesn't have the /../ in it anymore.

Thanks,

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2018, 10:36 AM   #228
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In theory, it shouldn't make any difference. But that assumes that the original epub was otherwise correct. And that Convert didn't change anything visible, which isn't always true.

In practice, use which ever works better for you.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:47 AM   #229
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Quote:
In theory, it shouldn't make any difference. But that assumes that the original epub was otherwise correct. And that Convert didn't change anything visible, which isn't always true.

In practice, use which ever works better for you.
When I checked the two files in EpubSplit, I noted the Table of Contents column is filled in on the converted file but not the file that your plugin opened. Which is strange as your plugin shows the table of contents in my other boxsets but not that one, so maybe it is the file itself....

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:27 AM   #230
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Probably. But since the conversion worked, I vote we not worry about it anymore.
Advert
Old 06-02-2018, 06:20 AM   #231
AMF
Enthusiast
AMF began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Excellent plugin - never ever had an issue with any book that I split!
AMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:18 PM   #232
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Is it possible to configure the plug-in to produce a boilerplate text in the Calibre metadata comments field? Specifically, if the field is empty, add the boilerplate, if it's not empty, add the boilerplate at a specific point (beginning or end) with an extra line added.

I like to note which omnibus I'm splitting the files out of, so I'd want to be able to configure it to produce something like 'Split out of [title] omnibus'
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #233
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

In the EpubSplit plugin settings (Calibre Preferences->Plugins->EpubSplit) there are settings for which columns to copy from the source to the new split books.

If Copy Comments is checked, and source comments is not empty, the comments will be copied prepended with "Split from:" (which may be translated in other languages).

If unchecked, or if source comments are empty, split book comments will be left empty.

However, I have noticed an issue with the way the "Split from:" is being prepended that causes problems with certain existing comments HTML.

If I fix that, I'll consider changing it to more closely do what you'd like.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:19 PM   #234
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Is it possible to configure the plug-in to produce a boilerplate text in the Calibre metadata comments field? Specifically, if the field is empty, add the boilerplate, if it's not empty, add the boilerplate at a specific point (beginning or end) with an extra line added.

I like to note which omnibus I'm splitting the files out of, so I'd want to be able to configure it to produce something like 'Split out of [title] omnibus'
I have a column called "Omnibus", and I copy the original title of the Omnibus in each of the split files.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:21 AM   #235
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
In the EpubSplit plugin settings (Calibre Preferences->Plugins->EpubSplit) there are settings for which columns to copy from the source to the new split books.

If Copy Comments is checked, and source comments is not empty, the comments will be copied prepended with "Split from:" (which may be translated in other languages).

If unchecked, or if source comments are empty, split book comments will be left empty.

However, I have noticed an issue with the way the "Split from:" is being prepended that causes problems with certain existing comments HTML.

If I fix that, I'll consider changing it to more closely do what you'd like.
Thanks Jimm, that would be great if that could be implemented.

Knowing which omnibus to check for the source file is helpful when I have more than one omnibus from the same author. At the moment, I'm backloading this information manually. Also, I sometimes have multiple copies of a work - one I'd picked up free, and the other as part of a boxed set because I liked the first.

@Terisa - Another custom column? I already have too many!
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:39 AM   #236
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
@Terisa - Another custom column? I already have too many!
We can compare, how many do you have?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:18 PM   #237
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Turns out, there's already a feature in EpubSplit I forgot about for setting a custom 'Source' column when splitting.

Calibre Preferences->Plugins->EpubSplit->Custom Columns tab, bottom of the dialog.

While not exactly what maddz requested, it should serve just as well.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:00 PM   #238
bambamboo
bambamboo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST
calibre, version 3.26.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

calibre 3.26.1 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: EpubSplit (2, 4, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.dialogs", line 294, in do_loop
IndexError: list index out of range

!!!
bambamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:52 PM   #239
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamboo View Post
calibre, version 3.26.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

calibre 3.26.1 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: EpubSplit (2, 4, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.dialogs", line 294, in do_loop
IndexError: list index out of range

!!!
If you can:
a) Get me a copy of the epub you're trying to split, and
b) Describe what you're trying to do: what chapters you trying to slip off
...then I might be able to help.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:50 AM   #240
bambamboo
bambamboo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST
Happens with any book!
After I press "New Book per Section" when no element is selected.
bambamboo is offline   Reply With Quote