Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #1441
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudda View Post
Hi! I've finally reached a point in my fanfic update to use the Anthology feature.
But every time I use a series url (ex:http://archiveofourown.org/series/2904 ) I get a ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 79 55.
The anthology seems fine, with all stories, but I haven't had the time to check everything.
Is this something I should worry about? Or is it something to do with metadata and custom columns?
Yes, it has to do with trying to fill a float type custom column with something that's being set to "79 55". But I don't know where the "79 55" is coming from.

What metadata are you setting to float type custom columns?
Old 05-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #1442
doudda
Enthusiast
doudda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have hits and comments. Used to have words too, but changed it to integers yesterday. I'll try to do that to these columns.
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #1443
doudda
Enthusiast

Ok, now I have a different error,to do with the integers

But everything is fine, including the metadata I want shown ... so never mind. It's probably the large amount of custom columns I created.

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #1444
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@doudda - Try this version. It should fix your problem.

UPDATE May 30, 2013 -- Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-30-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 05-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #1445
doudda
Enthusiast

It works perfectly. Thank you Jim.
Advert
Old 05-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #1446
doudda
Enthusiast

Well ... sorry to bother you again, but I just noticed that with the fix you gave me, the metada stopped being updated for the favs, hits, etc.
The information is there, because it shows in the title page, it just isn't showing up as metada.

And I mean with any fanfic books, not anthologies

Last edited by doudda; 05-30-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #1447
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudda View Post
Well ... sorry to bother you again, but I just noticed that with the fix you gave me, the metada stopped being updated for the favs, hits, etc.
The information is there, because it shows in the title page, it just isn't showing up as metada.

And I mean with any fanfic books, not anthologies
Oops. Well, that's why we do test versions.

The attached version should correct that issue. Please give it a try.

UPDATE - May 30, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-30-2013 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 05-30-2013, 10:24 PM   #1448
doudda
Enthusiast

Now it's perfect!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #1449
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.26 - 30 May 2013
  • New site: nickandgreg.net - Thanks, Ida!
  • Add Read & Review counts to dramione.org and grangerenchanted.com
  • Fix for numeric site specific values into float/int custom columns for anthologies.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:15 AM   #1450
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Hi,

lately I've noticed that stuff from AO3 comes through without tags or a summary - is there a setting I should be using for AO3 (ffnet works 'fine')?

e.g. http://archiveofourown.org/works/111376

I did try searching for this issue, but my google-fu failed.

Edit: Ack sorry - I take it all back. I wasn't using fanfictiondownloader, it was imported stories from AO3. Doh.

Fanfictiondownloader continues to rock.

Last edited by skb; 06-01-2013 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Brainsnap
Old 06-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #1451
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasmorus View Post
ANy Methode used to update or get nee book --> same result:
For example: Get Book using URL:
Story Url One Per line --> Enter URL (Copy Past (FFN))
Hit OK
Shows: Fetching Metadat for Download
Shows: Starting 1 Fan Fiction down Load
Shows: FFDL found 1 good and 0
Shows: Proceed with Updating your library?
Hit Yes
Shows Update Calibre for FanFiction stories
Shows Updating Calibre for FanFiction stories...
after about 5 seconds
Shows Update Calibre for FanFiction stories (No response)
Nothing happens--> Manually stop Programm (Hitting red X)
Calibre Crash
Shows Book in Library --> But only Metadata file
No epub file available

However using the settings Output format TXT everything works (all differnt methods of updaing or adding new books with FFDL

Using all over formats (Mobi, htlm epub) System does as shown in txt and Calibre has to be crashed manually to continue!

Please Help

Thomas
FYI, another user recently ran into a somewhat similar problem using one of my other plugins.

That turned out to be a problem with the plugin-that-must-not-be-named. If you use that, you might try disabling or removing it.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #1452
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
I have been running into a problem where FFDL believes that I am trying to download the same story twice with a different URL. The problem is that the stories are from the same site (AO3). When I looked at the stories in question, they were not the same story.

Sometimes they would be worded slightly different (Edge vs The Edge). Sometimes the summary and tags were so different that I could tell that they were different stories.

I love the duplicate story feature allows you to look at the stories before choosing which one to keep. However, would it be possible to allow the user to keep both for instances when the two stories are actually different despite having the same title and author?

Some of the stories in question:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/202381
http://archiveofourown.org/works/473291

http://archiveofourown.org/works/208226
http://archiveofourown.org/works/197898
Old 06-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #1453
Linwe
Enthusiast
Linwe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Kindle 4
Is there a way to edit how/what part of the title is downloaded?

I'm downloading this story http://www.destinysgateway.com/viewstory.php?sid=4609 but don't want the "***Hard Smut***" showing up in either calibre, as metadata, or in the generated output. I would manually edit the title but updating chapters would just put it back in (and consequently the generated cover would update and change/look ugly). I've tried various replace/edit coding to absolutely no effect, but my knowledge and understanding of such coding is rather basic.

Assuming my request is understandable, is it at all possible?
Old 06-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #1454
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
I love the duplicate story feature allows you to look at the stories before choosing which one to keep. However, would it be possible to allow the user to keep both for instances when the two stories are actually different despite having the same title and author?
Well, my first reaction is call that a bug in AO3. That's not just a corner case, it's a corner in a cupboard in a closet. (...in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of The Leopard".)

Try this version. After asking about updating the URL, if you click no, it will offer to add it as a new book. I just don't see this happening enough to justify making a special skip/update/add dialog box for it (instead of using the built-in yes/no box.)

UPDATE Jun 5, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 06-05-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 06-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #1455
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linwe View Post
I'm downloading this story http://www.destinysgateway.com/viewstory.php?sid=4609 but don't want the "***Hard Smut***" showing up in either calibre, as metadata, or in the generated output. I would manually edit the title but updating chapters would just put it back in (and consequently the generated cover would update and change/look ugly). I've tried various replace/edit coding to absolutely no effect, but my knowledge and understanding of such coding is rather basic.
Huh. The author actually put that in the story title.

In your personal.ini, you can add:
Code:
[destinysgateway.com]
replace_metadata:
 title=> +[*]+Hard Smut[*]+=>
Closed Thread