Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #931
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Yeah me too, but it's never intentional. Swiping to the next page seems to cause the fonts to increase a good amount of the time. I would like to set the font and remove that swipe feature all together. I personally feel the right gesture should be pinch to zoom not a swipe out.
Pinch isn't available, but you can arrange your gestures other ways to avoid mis-swipes. Mis-swipes were my main motivation for setting both left and right tap zones to "next page" and giving up side-swipes altogether. Another option would be to change up-swipe to "next page" (don't know about you, but when I'd mis-swipe it was always up, never down) and set font size to the top and bottom tap zones, which don't do anything by default.

Again, it's not the global setting you want, but if mis-swipes are the larger annoyance then there is a solution.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #932
pixiestyx
Enthusiast
pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O; N7 2013; Samsung GN 10.1 2014
Ugh, spoke to soon on Mantano Essentials & updates! I waited a day to see if there were any complaints about the update, and went ahead & installed this morning when I didn't see any.

Appears that the custom themes are broken. On my Nexus 7 I am now missing the night/day toggle that appears when you tap the screen to bring up the top/bottom info bars. Not only is the toggle gone, but I had left my book in night mode before applying the update & now it seems not to know which color is text/background.
pixiestyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #933
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiestyx View Post
Appears that the custom themes are broken. On my Nexus 7 I am now missing the night/day toggle that appears when you tap the screen to bring up the top/bottom info bars. Not only is the toggle gone, but I had left my book in night mode before applying the update & now it seems not to know which color is text/background.
It's weird but my phone (Evo LTE) has the night / day toggle at the bottom but my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 doesn't have it. Both have the latest update, both ICS.

Maybe if you uninstall, then install again it'll go back to day mode. Not sure if it'll work, but don't think it'll hurt.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #934
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
It seems like every update corrects some of the problems, but creates others. Almost afraid to update anymore. But it seems impossible to go backwards to before the page turns and right side pages.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:58 AM   #935
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
Quote:
Can't you set which actions toggle the night/day setting?

In Settings, Reader, Gestures or Settings, Reader, Keys you should be able to set the different swipes and single taps for various functions. Mine is set so swipe up is toggle night mode. And it works with the latest version of Mantano.
artig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #936
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
I just got another update; not sure what it did.
Still not possible to edit night themes. Why not?
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #937
pixiestyx
Enthusiast
pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O; N7 2013; Samsung GN 10.1 2014
Uninstalled & reinstalled yesterday, no change. I don't have a "keys" option under settings - maybe for Premium only, not Essentials?

For now I have edited the default theme to show up as day, and edited a "test" theme I had created pre-update to be night; so I can go into themes & switch between the two....workable, but not as nice as the toggle icon.
pixiestyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:40 AM   #938
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Uninstalled & reinstalled yesterday, no change. I don't have a "keys" option under settings - maybe for Premium only, not Essentials?

For now I have edited the default theme to show up as day, and edited a "test" theme I had created pre-update to be night; so I can go into themes & switch between the two....workable, but not as nice as the toggle icon.
I remember having read 'gestures' are only in Premium.
I know, I can always make new themes, but if night mode cannot be editted, why not remove it altogether?
Strangely, I editted a themes daymode, and the night mode was different too, but not simply inversed; I still can't figure out whati t does now.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #939
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
newest update - takes REALLY long time to load

What's up? I have Premium. Have uninstalled and installed. The books are taking up to 3 minutes to load, then after I read a few pages, it says to wait and then up to a minute to get the next few pages.

Lyn

Sony S Tablet
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #940
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
What's up? I have Premium. Have uninstalled and installed. The books are taking up to 3 minutes to load, then after I read a few pages, it says to wait and then up to a minute to get the next few pages.

Lyn

Sony S Tablet
PS Just tried to load a new book and it totally froze. How can I go back to a previous version?
Old 08-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #941
dura
Groupie

Quote:
PS Just tried to load a new book and it totally froze. How can I go back to a previous version?
I don't think you can, otherwise I would go back to the perfect version we had 14 days ago; after that, 3 or 4 updates and bugs bugs bugs.
Perhaps Mantano should put back the old version and just call it 3.0?
Old 08-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #942
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Quote:
Seems to be only you/your tablet? Try a reboot. There may be some other app that is badly behaved.

Latest version works fine for me.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #943
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
Seems to be only you/your tablet? Try a reboot. There may be some other app that is badly behaved.

Latest version works fine for me.
Only change has been Mantano (I keep a lean Android tablet since I don't like the Android OS) - I did discover that if I uninstalled it and reinstalled it (again!) I finally could get the most current book to load.

One thing I notice is that it is freezing/taking a long time to initially load/taking a lot of time to get the next few pages is with books over 300 pages.

And it may indeed be the Sony S Tablet - Mantano is trying their best to be all things to all people. I just wish we could pick and choose which version, then I could find a stable version and stick with it a while.

Lyn
Old 08-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #944
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I just wish we could pick and choose which version, then I could find a stable version and stick with it a while.

Lyn
I use Mantano 2.1 with none of these issues but I own a Kindle Fire and LG Vortex phone.

It best to back up the apk you are using before upgrading that way you can downgrade if you want. I use ES File Explorer to do this.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #945
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I use Mantano 2.1 with none of these issues but I own a Kindle Fire and LG Vortex phone.

It best to back up the apk you are using before upgrading that way you can downgrade if you want. I use ES File Explorer to do this.
I didn't know ES File Explorer would do that - thanks, I'll look into it and if I ever get another stable Mantano, I'll make sure I back it up.