Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-07-2017, 03:22 AM   #1
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
A way to turn off most text interaction by long tap?

Is there a way to turn off highlight and other text interaction accessible by long tap? At the same time I would still like to have the document's internal links to work.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:59 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I don't think there is an easy toggle. But what is the problem exactly?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:48 AM   #3
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just to have the option I don't like it when I touch the screen and random things happen that I don't need. I want only that those things happen that I specifically need, such as page turns, following links, and opening the menus.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:22 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Just to have the option I don't like it when I touch the screen and random things happen that I don't need. I want only that those things happen that I specifically need, such as page turns, following links, and opening the menus.
It only takes a simple tap to do those things. What does the long press have to do with "random things" happening?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:46 PM   #5
mobama
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
It only takes a simple tap to do those things. What does the long press have to do with "random things" happening?
On my end, a simple tap turns pages. Long press (roughly in the middle of the document) does other stuff, like selection of text and dialog boxes. I have no use for that other stuff and would like an option to turn it off.

I'd like long press roughly in the middle (apart from the edge, like long press on the statusbar) to do nothing, except when there's a link in the document to references or to a webpage. Some other user would appreciate an option for long press to do some totally different stuff, such as toggle embedded styles or frontlight or whatever. The more configuration options the better.

Last edited by mobama; 09-07-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:22 PM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What is forcing you to do these long presses? If you don't "long press roughly in the middle" it will do nothing.

Luck;
Ken
Old 09-08-2017, 01:05 AM   #7
mobama
Evangelist

Quote:
What is forcing you to do these long presses? If you don't "long press roughly in the middle" it will do nothing.

Luck;
Ken
Aiming to press a link, for example. Trying to drag the document, but it interprets it as a long press, for example.
And in my humble opinion Koreader's highlight of pdf's is messed up anyway, it irreversibly ruins the actual file. It's better turned off.

Additionally, my firm conviction is that every touchscreen device should have an option to turn the touchscreen off so that the touchscreen will indeed do literally nothing for the time being. Very useful in a teaching situation when pointing things out to someone else, for example. Unfortunately we don't have this and must find ways to approximate it by means of apps.

Last edited by mobama; 09-08-2017 at 01:10 AM.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:32 AM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The more configuration options the better.
A gesture manager is one of those complex long-term goals.

Quote:
And in my humble opinion Koreader's highlight of pdf's is messed up anyway, it irreversibly ruins the actual file. It's better turned off.
I think you should be fine if you disable "save document".
Old 09-08-2017, 06:23 AM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard

If you simply disable highlighting in document → highlight options then you'll get the behavior you want.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:11 AM   #10
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Aiming to press a link, for example. Trying to drag the document, but it interprets it as a long press, for example.

Additionally, my firm conviction is that every touchscreen device should have an option to turn the touchscreen off so that the touchscreen will indeed do literally nothing for the time being. Very useful in a teaching situation when pointing things out to someone else, for example. Unfortunately we don't have this and must find ways to approximate it by means of apps.
?Drag a document? I rarely use the PDF reader, so am not that familiar with it.

There is a way to setup the "Screensaver" function so that it can just suspend the device with the current page displayed. If this is something you would use often, you might set a gesture to suspend the device and save wear and tear on the slide switch. (or whatever the PocketBooks use)

Luck;
Ken
Old 09-08-2017, 10:13 AM   #11
Frenzie
Wizard

EPUBs also have scroll mode.

I do prefer scroll mode on in PDFs/DjVus, but really just for getting a continuous rather than page-based display.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:19 AM   #12
mobama
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I don't think there is an easy toggle. But what is the problem exactly?
Actually I found an easy toggle. When viewing a document , decond menu button on the left > Highlight options > disable. Seems to do what I want

Quote:
There is a way to setup the "Screensaver" function so that it can just suspend the device with the current page displayed. If this is something you would use often, you might set a gesture to suspend the device and save wear and tear on the slide switch. (or whatever the PocketBooks use)

Luck;
Ken
I cannot find "screensaver" in the menus. Can you advertize it a little better? Where are the relevant files? How to activate and modify the feature? When activated, what does it do? It's not the same thing as turn the device off, is it?
Old 09-08-2017, 03:05 PM   #13
Ken Maltby
Wizard

The Screensaver menu is under the gear icon of the upper menu, but it also takes commenting out the line where the message box is called. There have been some changes with that and I am not sure where it is now.

Luck;
Ken
Old 09-08-2017, 04:55 PM   #14
mobama
Evangelist

From what I can see, screensaver is the thing that appears when you turn the ereader off. There's not much useful I can do with that.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:20 PM   #15
Frenzie
Wizard

KenMaltby is probably referring to this but I think that's only relevant on Kobo and ad-free Kindle. What happens when you suspend on Pocketbook?