Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
My Solution for storing good quotes from e-books...

Hi all, I posted my 'storing quotes solution' last year so I thought I'd post an update.

My solution: I created another Evernote account and made a notebook in that account as the 'designated PRS-T2 uploader account' so all quotes I make on the PRS-T2 are now sent to that notebook in that account.

As normal, I highlight the quote on the PRS-T2, but now I add the page number in the space at the top half of the screen. This way I can see the page number of where the quote is from and I'm unable to accidentally edit it because it's a shared notebook, which is set to 'read only'.

However, if my PRS-T2 was stolen, I haven't found a way to send my highlighted quotes from Evernote and back onto a new PRS-T2. I'm still talking to Sony Support. Anyway, I don't think it'll matter if my PRS-T2 was stolen because the quotes I've highlighted from e-books will be on Evernote and I can just check to see which page I was up to in a particular e-book on Evernote and then continue reading from that page on the PRS-T2 and just highlight quotes from that page on.

Does anyone see any issues with my solution?

Thanks!
EbookNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:46 AM   #2
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Alright, I just checked and my annotations(highlights) from e-books I make on the PRS-T2 are uploaded to the Sony Reader PC software when I plug-in my PRS-T2 to the PC.

The quotes are uploaded to Evernote, which exist in the cloud so I can access them on a laptop or any other device.

I don't see any issues with my method of storing good quotes. Does anyone see a potential problem?
EbookNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2014, 03:44 AM   #3
Jasmine GreenTea
Enthusiast
Jasmine GreenTea began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa E2, Kobo Aura H20 ed 2, Kobo Clara, Sony PRS T2 & T3
One thing you could do is simply connect your Sony to a computer and make a copy of all its contents on your hard disk. This should only occupy a couple of GB (if you're using just the ereader's inner memory).

Then next time, you just upload everything on your new ereader.

Or you might just save the file that contains the annotations, but then you probably need to have the exact same text files on your new device, so that the annotations might match those. The file is named books.db and it is located in .../Sony Reader/database/books.db

Last edited by Jasmine GreenTea; 07-31-2014 at 03:55 AM.
Jasmine GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:48 AM   #4
Jasmine GreenTea
Enthusiast
Jasmine GreenTea began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa E2, Kobo Aura H20 ed 2, Kobo Clara, Sony PRS T2 & T3
And, yes, one potential problem is that Evernote has a limitation of a few hundred characters. Very long quotations will end being truncated. I do not remember exactly what the limitation is.
Jasmine GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote