Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-16-2009, 02:53 AM   #1
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Can I read Kindle books on my PC

My teacher has assigned us textbooks that no one else in the school uses.

They are a fortune, and hard to find. one is available as a kindle book.
I do this course online anyways, so reading off the screen for it is perfect

Can I directly download the Kindle book from Amazon? Even with DRM I'm happier that way then trying to read a out of focus scan of the excerpt each week.
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:07 AM   #2
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Only if you remove the DRM then you will be able to open it with the Mobipocket software. If not you have to read it using your Kindle.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 06:15 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
You can only buy Kindle ebooks if you have a Kindle or an iPhone/iPod Touch. If it is only available at the Kindle store, it is probably a TOPAZ ebook and these can't be read on any other devices.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
GJN
Guilty Bystander
GJN began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook Pro, Kindle, iPad, and other gadgets
Why don't you download a free sample and try out some of the suggestions.

BTW I'm surprised that Amazon hasn't released a PC/Mac version of its iPhone eBook reader. They could key their DRM to the machine serial numbers which their download software could automatically capture.
GJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:21 AM   #5
ziplizard
Enthusiast
ziplizard doesn't litterziplizard doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2.0
I'm kind of surprised that no programmer has made such a program. Wouldn't you need to just combine the drm removing program with a mobi reader software. I would have made the drm-free file delete itself when the program closes or something so the average joe doesn't wonder why there are two versions of his book on his pc.

I would make that except I'm lazy and I program for a living and thus don't find much motivation outside of work to program.
ziplizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert