Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
hfqdx
hfqdx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
How to change the font color(darker)

Needs help...the font color is not dark enough,maybe the screen is dark anyway...
My friend has a Kindle 3 ,when I use that one ,it's easy to change the contrast of screen ,so that changing the color of font .
But I can't find any setting like this on T1,What should I do to change the color?
thx~
hfqdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I think the location to adjust brightness and contrast is in the same place as the x50 readers. While you have a book open, click the Options button at the right, select "Adjust View". You can try their default settings (which never did anything much better for me), or select "Custom" and adjust the brightness and contrast to whatever gives you a darker font.

Other than that, trying a different font would be the next step, along with brightness/contrast settings.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
hfqdx
hfqdx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thx Ripplinger,I have found that.
hfqdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:29 AM   #4
Coops
Zealot
Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Sony T3 backup
On my 350, I've found contrast 40 and brightness -40 to be a good custom setting...

Here's some info on how to easily set ALL your books on your reader in one go using your PC/Mac - make a backup copy of the cache.xtml file first! Works great...

When you have your reader connected to your PC, open up the file "database\cache\cacheExt.xml".

Find any book where you have changed your custom view settings to see what the correct info is. Then just do a search for

toneCurveType="0:0,0" contrast="0" brightness="0"

and replace all instances with

toneCurveType="5:," contrast="15360" brightness="-7680"
(that's for 60 -60, use whatever your setting is for the book you already changed). Save the file and done.

toneCurveType="5:," contrast="10240" brightness="-5120"
(for 40, -40)

Coops

ps if you add more books afterwards - after adding books, disconnect and then let reader 'restart' - this will regenerate the cache file with the latest additions. Then plug back in and do above.
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote