Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-26-2019, 10:40 AM   #1
cd2013
Connoisseur
cd2013 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G
Videos or screeshots of CC on eink devices? Does it run smoothly?

Is there any video or screenshot of Calibre Companion running on eink devices, like the Onyx Boox?

Is anyone using it on these devices? Does it run OK, or are the screens (eg slow refresh rate) and the processors too slow to search large collections efficiently?

Thanks!
cd2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:44 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I run CC on an Onyx Afterglow 2, an old e-ink e-reader. Works fine for me.

E-Ink devices all refresh at more-or-less the same rate. Fine for page flipping, not acceptable for animations and video.

I have 600 books on my Afterglow and have no issues with grouping and sorting.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert