Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-23-2018, 05:35 PM   #16
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
My output_format was "azw3", but in my library I have only epub and mobi (plus rare pdf). After change to "epub" all files are displayed OK. Thanks.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:14 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Answer: CalbreSpy always tries to use Calibre's global Preferred Output Format if such a format exists; otherwise, it uses the first available format it finds.
Ah - that explains something I didn't quite understand.

Will Calibre Spy use the Per Library Tweak for Preferred Output Format, if set?

If the only format file is not a convertible ebook file, e.g. its an MP3, then View still hands the file off to ebook_viewer, which of course throws an error. In this case I would prefer View does what double click does - hand the file off to the OS default handler.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2018, 06:30 PM   #18
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CalibreSpy is ignorant of Job Spy. The very last Library switched to will have its own personal output format set as the Calibre Default Output Format via the JS Tweak for that. So, that is what will be used by CalibreSpy. If that format doesn't exist, then whatever format is first found will be used.

Re: .mp3: Sure.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:41 PM   #19
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.0.3 Slipstreamed Version Uploaded

Version 1.0.3 - 23 Aug 2018 Calibre User Font attainment logic changed. Minor technical changes. Context Menu Shortcuts and Tearoff-enabled Context Menu.

CalibreSpy is (intentionally) not yet in the Index, so it has to be manually downloaded. Hence, the version number was not bumped for just adding shortcuts to the newly tearoff-enabled context menu. Click the dotted line at its top to make it stick after you move your mouse cursor away. All of my plugins use tearoffs, as they are very convenient for using a mouse and also for showing any shortcuts.

An image for it was added to the OP.

I will pick up where I left off with the to-do list tomorrow (my Friday) morning.

DaltonST
Old 08-23-2018, 07:04 PM   #20
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Windows task bar icon

I changed the icon in the zip because it is almost the same as the icon of my search tools. But that means I'll have to change it whenever there's a new release. I'll attach it in case anyone interested

Does anyone have any ideas how I can make my icon stick?

FTR: I don't use the calibre GUI taskbars.

BR
Attached Images

Advert
Old 08-23-2018, 07:27 PM   #21
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

When I run the CalibreSpy(CS).bat file I get a command line icon and a CS icon on my task bar, which is fair enough. But when I terminate CS I'm left with the command window icon. Would it be possible for CS to kill its parent cmd.exe when it's terminated.

I can't readily kill the parent cmd.exe because if I have several CSs running there's no way fo me to know which cmd.exe instance is the parent of the CS instance I want to terminate, and I might have other unrelated cmd.exe tasks running.

So I have to do it from Task Manager or allow the cmd.exe icons to stack up until I can safely kill them all.

BR
Old 08-23-2018, 07:44 PM   #22
DaltonST
Deviser

REM pause in the bat file. Mine all die instantly.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:54 PM   #23
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Ta

BR
Old 08-24-2018, 12:41 PM   #24
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.0 - 24 Aug 2018 Initial public version.

See the Original Post.

DaltonST
Old 08-24-2018, 02:10 PM   #25
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
If CALIBRESPY_LOAD_LANGUAGES = 0 please hide "Lang" column.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:02 PM   #26
DaltonST
Deviser

Functionality for the Next Version

Whoops. Downside of very rapid prototyping. If prefs['CALIBRESPY_LOAD_LANGUAGES'] == 0 .... has been added to the next version.

Also will be working on:
  • Pasting metadata into the GUI using a CalibreSpy helper that can transmogrify the CalibreSpy scant metadata into something that the Calibre GUI Copy & Paste Metadata function can use reliably. Not trivial given how robust the GUI functionality is.
  • Ability to change column order/sequence. Where to do this exactly (customization or in CalibreSpy itself) will impact the saving of column widths...since restoring the column widths implicitly assumes the columns have not moved around since the column widths were last-saved. Ditto for Library-specific preferences (next). If different Libraries hide different columns, saving and restoring become Library-specific. This will be fun to do.
  • Library-specific preferences that are 'easy to do' for those who want them without making it a burden on those who do not. This will be fun too.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 08-24-2018 at 03:25 PM. Reason: info added.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:16 PM   #27
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post

See the Original Post.

DaltonST
Is that a hint you want me to add it to the Index

BTW I have agreement from Kovid that new plugins will be announced in next release's "What's New", providing the mod who adds the plugin sends him a PM requesting such.

BR
Old 08-24-2018, 08:56 PM   #28
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Is it possible to add a setting to control line height. I would set it to what I have in Preferences->Look and Feel->Extra spacing..., which is -11px. I am not suggesting it be the setting in Look and Feel, just that it operate similarly. There may be good reasons that others would not want them to be the same.

The selector for Device display size in Customise is a truncated, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	165837

Any thoughts on my icon replacement issue

BR
Old 08-24-2018, 09:04 PM   #29
DaltonST
Deviser

Did you notice the new icon? Eyeball?
Old 08-24-2018, 09:13 PM   #30
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Of course I didn't notice it, I replaced it before I installed it

Are you saying it is an Eyeball, or I should eyeball it. I'll download it again and have a look

Added : Looks a bit like the qbittorrent icon. Getting distinctive taskbar icons is a never ending battle. Much like getting an Aussie PM to see out a Parliament :lol:

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-24-2018 at 09:21 PM.