Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #46
perfilad0
perfilad0 began at the beginning.

Device: Onix Boox M96
I don't understand much of Android. If I install CooReader with the apk file, can I then uninstall it?
perfilad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:54 AM   #47
wolviex
wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfilad0 View Post
I don't understand much of Android. If I install CooReader with the apk file, can I then uninstall it?
Yes you can. But T68 Lynx are coming with preinstall Cool Reader adapted for e-ink by Onyx, so you can't install it even from apk or uninstall it until rooted.

Normally you can uninstall any application. Go to your applications, click options and choose manage. Choose the app you want get rid of by clicking it from the list, you will get into management where you can unistall, stop it, clean temp or data etc.

The other way is to open GooglePlay, find installed app you don't want anymore, click uninstall. Done.
wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #48
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
U suppose it dependes on the onyx version, aratech no uninstall until rooted, ereader.de version it'll be possible y suppose.
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:52 PM   #49
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Unfortunately, the bug where the page is displaced if you go to the previous page in auto-crop mode is still present (Neo PDF reader).
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #50
talizh
Enthusiast
talizh has learned how to buy an e-book online

I installed the T68 update and now the Neo Reader is missing entirely. When I long press to open a file FB Reader is now offered as a choice but if I select it there is an error message and it crashes.

I am going to try to re-install the update and see if that fixes things.

Has anyone else had this problem?
talizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2014, 10:38 PM   #51
talizh
Enthusiast

I re-installed the T68 update but I am still missing the Onyx Neo-Reader. The open with menu just shows a FB Reader that crashes if I try to use it. Booxtor, is there a way to roll back the update, short of doing a factory reset?

Oh, and just a reminder for those who may not have seen it on the M96 thread, but if you long press the menu button (the left top hand button) it does a screen refresh no matter which app you are in. This also works on the T68. This helps a lot with ghosting in non-Onyx apps.

This got me wondering, and maybe Booxtor knows if it is possible or not, but could a future update include some sort of universal refresh setting, similar to what is seen in Onyx Reader and Neo-Reader. Instead of page turns, it can be set to refresh each time a button is pushed or a tap is made on the touchscreen (which is how pages are turned in non-Onyx apps because the buttons usually do not work). This refresh setting could be set to whatever frequency people felt comfortable with, just like the Onyx reading app page refresh settings. I am not a programmer, so perhaps this is impractical, but it would help improve the crispness of non-Onyx apps without needing to manually long press the menu key every couple pages.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:19 AM   #52
perfilad0

I have several questions:
Can anyone tell me if AIReader es pre-installed in the M96? In "ereader-store.de" where I bought my M96, AIReaders is in the Data Sheet but I can't find it in my M96, it doesn't appear on the program list to open ebooks.
I do not find any dictionary in my M96, what is its extension? I need one in Spanish, somebody know where download it?
Since the update, in NeoReader when I click in "Selection", nothing happens, the margins for cropping are not displayed, is as if I had not pressed nothing, simply the menu disappears. Happens to somebody?
In OnyxReader in Zoom in "Selection" only It's cropped the width of the page, the margins top and bottom are displayed when I pass the next page. I want to hide numbers of pages and headers in the pdf, Is it possible?
Sorry but my English, I hope that my questions will be understandable, thank you.

Last edited by perfilad0; 07-05-2014 at 06:40 AM.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:42 AM   #53
M96user
M96user began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96
M96 updates, problems, suggestions and questions.

Dear Booxtor,
I recently got my M96 from your store.
After installing updates the overall improvements have changed the device from unusable to good but there are still some problems I would like to report.

1) Like post #3 in this thread already mentioned (and the video shows) annotating PDFs with the stylus does not always produce continuous lines, even if the stroke is carefully controlled. Using the eraser tool somewhere on the screen makes these missing lines reappear.
2) Annotation/scribble export button does nothing. This is a real problem!
3) There is no app for just scribbling/note taking. I put a blank PDF file on my device but I cannot add additional pages as required. Ideally I would like an app that functions like a scrapbook or lab book.
4) I am using the app "Pocket" on my other android devices but I cannot log into my account on the M96 using Google signin. This is because Google Play Services is not installed. I tried installing Google Play Services from the Play store but the installation fails due to incompatibility issues. It should be fine. After some searching online it appears that some other Android 4.0x devices have had similar problems in the past.
5) I tried to use an

Please could you answer the following questions for clarification:
1) Who is creating the updates you posted?
2) The screen technology is E Ink Pearl and compared to the new Carta screens used in the Kindle Paperwhite and Kobo readers it is not as nice. Lower resolution, lower contrast. But the screen size more than makes up for it. However, I would love to know whether a large-screen eReader is planned with Carta soon. Or Mobius, of course. Any updates on that?
3) Perhaps we should start a thread (or some webpage) where we list Android apps that are compatible with the M96, and a list of recommended apps that are realy suitable/essential for eink?
4) In the updated NeoReader the slider at the bottom of the page is replaced by a line with dots on. The old slider (in OReader) was better because it was easier to jump between pages with fewer clicks. If the old slider could be brought back that would be great.
5) The device is now called "Arkbook". Please expain?

Finally, after all the reluctant negativity in my post I would like to state some positives and answer some questions that were asked in previous posts:

Battery life is great. I can't give you an exact number because after less than a week the battery has not emptied yet! I took the M96 on a work trip for 3 days and the battery is still full after lots of reading and moderate use on WiFi(WLAN).

After updating the stylus annotation is much better and the lines appear where I intended. If you use zooming you can make some really fine annotations.

Thanks, looking forward to your response.
M96user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #54
dbj
dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

There is a question above about VNC, and I can say many apps work: PocketCloud, RealVNC etc.

My question is, how can you change orientation to landscape on M96? Is it possible?
dbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #55
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
talizh: what kind of ebook do you try to pone with Neo Reader. It supports PDF and EPUB only. Sometimes FB Reader crashes. Mostly in some non valid EPUBs (I experinced crashes in a RTL Book (Hebrew letters)). Onyx work on fixing this issue.

por: it is known issue. On fixing task list

perfilad0: I guess you mean AlReader (developed by Alan). In our device it is called OReader (Alreader, which has been adapted for Onyx Devices)
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #56
dbj
dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

To answer my own question, there are rotation apps in the Play store e.g. Rotation Manager - Control.

I have to say I am very impressed with M96 so far.
dbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #57
perfilad0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
talizh: what kind of ebook do you try to pone with Neo Reader. It supports PDF and EPUB only. Sometimes FB Reader crashes. Mostly in some non valid EPUBs (I experinced crashes in a RTL Book (Hebrew letters)). Onyx work on fixing this issue.

perfilad0: I guess you mean AlReader (developed by Alan). In our device it is called OReader (Alreader, which has been adapted for Onyx Devices)

Thank you for solving my question about AIReader
What could be the problem that the Zoom "Selection" doesn't work on the NeoReader? I reinstall the update but the problem is still.
And the problem that I have mentioned about that OnyxReader in Zoom "Selection" not cut margins top and bottom in the next pages is a bug or is an error of my software?

Booxtor I want to send a video about these problems to ereader-store.eu, but I have problems for attach them. Which is the size maximum? I tried to attach mp4 and zip files, but I could not.

Last edited by perfilad0; 07-05-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:20 PM   #58
talizh
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post

Thanks Booxtor,

It was a PDF file that I was trying to open. Strangely enough, the next day I reinstalled the update a third time and I am happy to say that Neo-Reader is now working again and the file opened without a problem. Everything is perfect except for the inability to export annotations. Thank you for the quick response!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #59
anacletus
anacletus doesn't litteranacletus doesn't litter

Device: Boox T68
Thanks for the update, Booxtor. I installed it on my T68 without problems.

I wonder if it would be possible to include two things in next updates:

* Lower the minimum intensity of the display backlight. I use it to read in darkness on bed without awakening my partner, and it's too bright for that.

* Kind of adjusting the touchscreen. When I use the keyboard, It often thinks I have pressed a key lowest than the actual I have pressed (I press s and x is written). But in the higher part of the screen it seems to be the contrary (I press inside an app, and the Home button is pressed). This is particulary frustrating when I want to lookup a word in the dictionary in coolreader double-clicking it...
anacletus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:08 AM   #60
Compass.
Compass. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Compass. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Compass. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Compass. has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: T68,AuraHD,kobo glo
Thank you. Two months ago, I bought from china online shop. Now I updated 1.5 ver.

I think, some improvements are needed while using the T68.

1. T68 is the minimum brightness is too bright. Should be adjusted to a lower brightness?

2. Touch-sensitive is incorrect.
Can you fix it? Plz~

3. I am Korean. some applications require the Korean locale settings. Can you add Korean locale on framework-res.apk ?

4. Css support in Oreader not perfect.

Booxter, plz read and give to me solutions...

Last edited by Compass.; 07-08-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Compass. is offline   Reply With Quote