Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 01-09-2003, 09:41 AM   #16
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Scott, same question like punkMonkey asked The list is what I *can* add. I didn't add the entire list, because then it would really need way too much memory space. I add those comics from the list that people would like to see. I can also split the comics page into groups, e.g. comics1.shtml, comics2.shtml, etc. if anyone can come up with a good idea of how to group the comics.

Alex
Old 01-09-2003, 09:52 AM   #17
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Sorry about that. I thought you had already added that whole list, and were asking for other requests. I misunderstood.
For what it's worth, I would like to see all of them made available. Reading all of those in color and hi-res would be fun, once Sony makes their new MemSticks available
Scott
Advert
Old 01-09-2003, 10:01 AM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would like to add all the comics in the list. But we need to sort them, I don't think it is a good idea to put them all one a single html page (slow loading, slow hotsycing, memory consumption).

If I knew how to group them....any ideas?
Old 01-09-2003, 10:09 AM   #19
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I've been kinda thinking about this too, as the comix page is definitely the largest page I am downloading everyday and keeps me hung up. I think there's certain comix we each want (Doonsbury! ), and the best idea I can muster is for each of us to customize our own comix pages. Perhaps not the best solution, but the best one I can think of... anyone else?
Old 01-09-2003, 10:28 AM   #20
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

It seems simple, but perhaps alphabetical organization is the best, simply dividing them into manageable chunks and going from there. I would suggest divisions by topic, but comic strips vary enough in their respective focuses that it would be difficult to do that.
Scott
Advert
Old 01-09-2003, 10:49 AM   #21
punkMonkey
punkMonkey began at the beginning.

I agree that some sort of alphabetical list would probably work the best. having 10-20 comics per page or something like that. But.... if it isn't too difficult something like sunshine's idea of each member getting a custom page would definately be the coolest.

Just my 2cents
Dan
danandtammy.com
Old 01-14-2003, 03:16 AM   #22
Phoenix
Phoenix began at the beginning.

handstory wont seem to update or load this one ...
Old 01-16-2003, 05:44 AM   #23
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Probably because its not syntaxically correct html code. I will look into that.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:45 PM   #24
specific
specific began at the beginning.

Not that I know how to do it or anything, but what about the ability for people to have their own configurations (like the houston chronicle). Dunno if that's outside the scope of this project. I use theirs right now because I can have exactly the comics I want (or at least none I don't), but I'd love a wider selection and color.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:50 PM   #25
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander@Jan 9 2003, 02:41 PM
Scott, same question like punkMonkey asked The list is what I *can* add. I didn't add the entire list, because then it would really need way too much memory space. I add those comics from the list that people would like to see. I can also split the comics page into groups, e.g. comics1.shtml, comics2.shtml, etc. if anyone can come up with a good idea of how to group the comics.

Alex
I don't know how duplicateable your main page is, but what about setting 1 cartoon per page (comic_dilbert, comic_doones, etc.), and then users could add multiple urls in one isilox listing to achieve a psuedo custom comic page. Thinking that if most of your coding/script on page is simlar except for target url for the actual strip, might be easy to duplicate the base page.

Gary
Old 02-17-2003, 08:40 AM   #26
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

That's a very good idea. I will modify the script to make it work that way.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:31 AM   #27
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Quote:
Cool...but I didn't realize how many different toons you offered in the first message of this thread! If it's a lot of hand work, you might ask for the ones people are interested in...not sure everyone wants all the ones you listed! But then again, you may figure out a way to automate the process...

BTW, noticed that you didn't have Tumbleweeds...an old favorite, and not drawn any longer, but I believe they're still running dailies on it with the old stirps...

Cheers,
Gary
Old 03-01-2003, 03:42 PM   #28
bookrats
bookrats began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander@Feb 17 2003, 06:40 AM
Just wondering, Alexander -- are you still planning to reformat the web page so that it's one page per cartoon (i.e., comic_dilbert, etc.)? I'd definitely find that helpful in making a "custom" comics page (and keeping the time it takes to download the comics page to a minimum.)

One way or the other, though, thank you for doing this -- it is greatly appreciated!
Old 03-01-2003, 03:52 PM   #29
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Yup I am definitely still planning to do something about the comics. Sorry about keeping you guys waiting.

We are currently working on the new forum skin and additional functionalities which takes more time than I thought. Beside that work keeps me quite busy lately. I know I know lame excuses But I promise, as soon as there is time....
Old 03-03-2003, 03:52 PM   #30
bookrats
bookrats began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander@Mar 1 2003, 01:52 PM
Yup I am definitely still planning to do something about the comics. Sorry about keeping you guys waiting.
No rush! I just appreciate you taking the time to do this!