Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-28-2019, 07:54 AM   #316
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It absolutely doesn't care about whether stuff is drm encumbered or not .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:05 PM   #317
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hi,

I ran into an issue with kindle collections lately. In that it doesn't send the collections data to Kindle. I'm using PW3 and I had no problem until the past few days.

Basically, I would export my kindle collections via calibre. But when I went to use librariansync it doesn't update my collections. I know librariansync isn't the issue because when I used any other to build my collections (via file folders) it works but for some reason it does not read any collections I made via calibre.

I tried 'update (calibre plugin) and even rebuilding it on kindle. Worst, I deleted a collection and when I tried to rebuild it it doesn't make that collection.

I have uninstalled kindle collections and reinstalled them on calibre but am at lost as to why this happened. Please help.

EDIT:

I found utc doc on my kindle and i saw this line:

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '../collections.json'/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/__init__.py:90:RequestsDependencyWarning:urllib3 (1.25.2) or chardet (3.0.4) doesn't match a supported version! RequestsDependencyWarning)

So, erm now am not sure if this is a kindle or calibre issue???

FIXED IT:

Apparently Kindle Collections can only take up to 999 books per collections. Anything more and it won't work when it comes to updating the collections in Kindle. Had to split my books but it finally, FINALLY works again in Kindle.

Last edited by madame_newbie; 05-11-2019 at 09:25 PM. Reason: FIXED
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2019, 01:17 AM   #318
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For reference, that log excerpt is because of an old issue in my Kindle Python package that has since been fixed .

The book amount thing is probably a limitation because of the way LibrarianSync feeds the info to the Collections API in one go. There's an old issue open about that on LS's GitHub page, IIRC.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:52 AM   #319
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
For reference, that log excerpt is because of an old issue in my Kindle Python package that has since been fixed .

The book amount thing is probably a limitation because of the way LibrarianSync feeds the info to the Collections API in one go. There's an old issue open about that on LS's GitHub page, IIRC.
I think it's an inherent issue with Kindle firmware.

I had a Kindle Cloud Collection (Comics) with over 1000 books that I created on the Amazon webpage and iOS app. On the Paperwhite, I noticed a lot of books wouldn't move into the collection (even when I try to add them manually). Had to divide it into Comics: DC, Comics: Marvel, Comics: Image, Comics: Indies, etc. to keep below the threshold.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:42 AM   #320
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:

Yup that excerpt was like - wat dis? Where did you come from? Then I recalled I did enter diags mode at some point because oops, I forgot to detach the USB cable while it was restarting.

But boy the librariansync/collections: I managed to fix it once I split my collections - I was tearing my hair out because when I added it the smaller ones it would update but as soon as I hit 1000+ it just stopped working. It's no biggie just very...irritating because I was like - HUH why aren't you working anymore????
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2019, 03:08 PM   #321
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ilovejedd: Huh. Good to know. Means no-one actually needs to bother to implement a chunked codepath in LS, as it wouldn't actually help all that much .
Old 05-20-2019, 08:37 AM   #322
NRB73
NRB73 began at the beginning.

Device: KT3, PW4
Question

Sorry to be a pain, but I've got some problems with Collections. I'm using the Kindle Collections Plugin for Calibre and Librarian Sync on my PW4.

When I create Collections I have "92 Collections, 580 books found on the Kindle" but when I rebuild/update in Librarian Sync I only got 43 Collections (39 are missing). I tried deleting all collections from within Librarian Sync and to recreate the Collections from Calibre but after I updated, I now only have 2 Collections!

Kindle Collections Plugin reported "no changes were made to the collection file on the Kindle since there were no updated collections to save"

What's the easiest way to troubleshoot?
NRB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:26 AM   #323
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That vaguely looks like you're using incremental updates wrong and/or something wonky happened. Turn that option off and try again?
Old 05-21-2019, 04:11 AM   #324
NRB73
NRB73 began at the beginning.

Device: KT3, PW4
You really are a fountain of knowledge NiLuJe! Somehow I've checked that incremental box, but once unchecked, re-uploaded and rebuilt in Librarian Sync, they were all there.

Legend.
NRB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 05:25 PM   #325
Gvaz
Gvaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I am a bit confused by the operation. Is there a way to put books into a collection on Calibre's side and sync them to the kindle? It seems that the plugin can create a file that then can be converted by LibrarianSync on the kindle side of things, but I was hoping for something like a Bulk Metadata modification on the Calibre side of thing and then in LibrarianSync to just update the changes. There seems to be a manual way, of putting the books into Collections on Calibre's side, and also on the Kindle's side, but I was hoping for an easier way and I guess I can't figure it out.

My end goal would be to do something like:

Is BOOK part of SERIES?
If so, create matching Collection folder in Calibre, and press button to also create appropriate folder on the kindle.

Or just a 1:1 sync type thing.

Last edited by Gvaz; 05-30-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Gvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 05:35 PM   #326
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvaz View Post
I am a bit confused by the operation. Is there a way to put books into a collection on Calibre's side and sync them to the kindle? It seems that the plugin can create a file that then can be converted by LibrarianSync on the kindle side of things, but I was hoping for something like a Bulk Metadata modification on the Calibre side of thing and then in LibrarianSync to just update the changes. There seems to be a manual way, of putting the books into Collections on Calibre's side, and also on the Kindle's side, but I was hoping for an easier way and I guess I can't figure it out.
Please read instructions on OP on how to Create Collections on your Kindle automatically using Calibre data. It’s fairly detailed.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 05-30-2019 at 05:38 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:00 PM   #327
Gvaz

Alright, I followed the instructions, but so far it just says "updating collections (from Calibre)" for a long time now (1h) and doesn't update. If I exit the screen and come back, I still have the same collections.

Could it be from the existing collections on the kindle that were made on the kindle? I thought I read it overwrote it, but besides that I am not sure what's going wrong. I'm working on rebooting the device now.

Last edited by Gvaz; 06-01-2019 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:04 AM   #328
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I'm guessing something went kablooey along the way, or you're missing a dependency. Check the KUAL log. You, err, might need shell access for that, as it's in /tmp IIRC .
Old 06-02-2019, 11:56 AM   #329
Gvaz

Quote:
I'm guessing something went kablooey along the way, or you're missing a dependency. Check the KUAL log. You, err, might need shell access for that, as it's in /tmp IIRC .
I don't have access to that, it seems without doing other things.. I'll just have to redo the steps again, though I was sure I was doing it right.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:26 PM   #330
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, if you're not seeing anything but the KUAL status message, you're probably missing and/or running a very old Python snapshot.

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle