Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Removing 'Archived Items'

Is there anyway to remove 'Archived Items' from the Kindle homepage? I very rarely download from Amazon and if I did I could just go onto my account page to redownload books. I never delete a book from my device so it's kind of unnecessary for me. Is there any way to hack and remove it?
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not that I know of.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
At the bottom of this page it seems to give intructions
Have not tried it

http://kindlereads.blogspot.com/2009...n-says-no.html
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
(Link to the full blog post: http://kindlereads.blogspot.com/2009...ete-books.html).

Good to know .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Seagull wants to remove the "Archived Items" item itself off the list I believe and not remove items from within Archived Items.

I went >< when I saw that some greedy person was hungering for free $$$ by suggesting a class action lawsuit in one of those threads.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
Marilyng
Marilyng began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
I am new to the kindle & was wondering which key is the shift key?(kindle 2).Is it the arrow key on the right next to the alt.?
Marilyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyng View Post
I am new to the kindle & was wondering which key is the shift key?(kindle 2).Is it the arrow key on the right next to the alt.?
Yup. Thats the shift key.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:38 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyng View Post
Marilyng, here is a page that might help you learn more. You can download the user manual in pdf .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200503360
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote