Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 1000s
The merging software

What merging software are you using? Thanks.
yingwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
The only one available for Windows is the merging utility in the companion software.
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdean256 View Post
The only one available for Windows is the merging utility in the companion software.
Thanks. But I read some threads to say that "The merging functionality within the software is poor to say the least. There are others within this forum that have developed alternative merging software which may be worth a look".

So I am wondering whether the the companion software has been improved for the merging functionality? Or there is other solutions? Or the merging functionality is good from the beginning?

Thanks then.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
tjdean256
Zealot

The merging function in the companion software is OK. The scribbles in the merged PDF file look like that were made with a felt-tipped pen or a blunt pencil. The alternative program is called 'ism' I believe. It is native to Linux and has been successfully compiled for Apple machines. I tried to compile it for Windows XP but was unsuccessful. I have not seen where anyone else has tried to get it to complile on a Windows machine. Has anybody seen otherwise?

td
Old 06-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #5
yingwu
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdean256 View Post
The merging function in the companion software is OK. The scribbles in the merged PDF file look like that were made with a felt-tipped pen or a blunt pencil. The alternative program is called 'ism' I believe. It is native to Linux and has been successfully compiled for Apple machines. I tried to compile it for Windows XP but was unsuccessful. I have not seen where anyone else has tried to get it to complile on a Windows machine. Has anybody seen otherwise?

td
So the lines drawn by the stylus could be put in the right position when merging them? This is a useful function of the companion software. Thanks.
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
tjdean256
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingwu View Post
So the lines drawn by the stylus could be put in the right position when merging them? This is a useful function of the companion software. Thanks.
I review manuscripts in pdf form on the DR with annotations and send the merged version to the author(s). To me it is much easier than doing the track changes in Word.

td
Old 06-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #7
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
Its sucks that they don't have any good scribble mergers like the ones available on the Iliad. If Irex is anything like the way they were with the Iliad, I dont expect them to add any sort of in device merging capabilities at least until they release another device.
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote