Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-20-2013, 02:52 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Beta readers needed, please

The publisher of the small press in the UK that I design ebooks for is without an ebook reader at the moment, and so can't do the final check before she releases the latest ebook on an unsuspecting world.

We'd like a couple or so beta readers to do a final check on the latest ebook in either ePub or mobi format - and get back to me if you notice any layout, formatting, or typo imperfections so I can fix them. If you notice any plot or character development problems you could still get back to me, and I'll pass them on to her.

The ebook is a single author collection of 24 short stories. The metadata reads:

'Three things that don't exist: a non-stick pan, a non-iron shirt, Gondwanaland. Men and women seek love, vengeance, daydreams, answers, a job, or maybe, like the young mother in Gondwanaland or the resentful retired lady sabotaging a neighbour's jacuzzi, just a bit of peace and quiet. Stories with humour, a hint of surrealism, and the love of language and landscape - especially the Spanish landscape...'

If anyone is interested please send me a private message with your email address and preferred format, and I'll send the ebook to you.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #2
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
What's the pay rate?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 05:10 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
What's the pay rate?
A free book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:42 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Harry

I can't better your response, except perhaps to add the chance to see how other people design and build ebooks. I found reading yours most helpful when I was starting out.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:43 AM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
What's the pay rate?
Please see Harry's response and my reply.
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
edited by me, now that this has been resolved. Thank you Dr. Drib...

Last edited by Ravensknight; 07-20-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
This doesn't belong here, at all.

How is this different from an author asking for beta readers/self-promo?

Or is the general forum now open to all sorts of advertising?

CLARIFICATION: Please note that the quote above is referring to the earlier location, as noted, and not the Writers' Forum.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-20-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I sent you a PM Alex.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
CLARIFICATION: Please note that the quote above is referring to the earlier location, as noted, and not the Writers' Forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Please note that I was scrupulously careful not to give the name of the ebook, the author, or the publisher. I was hoping for reader type reviewers, not author type reviewers. I needed help in beta reading an ebook, and had no intention of trying to advertise it.