Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
fiona86
fiona86 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Glyphs?

Anyone know how to get glyphs from InDesign (CS3) to export properly into an epub? Whenever I export a book they appear as text in the epub file, just one letter where the glyph should be Does anyone know if there are any xhtml codes for glyphs?

Any help appreciated
fiona86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
What are the glyphs? Glyph means the graphic representation of a letter. The so called error is the expected behavior. If you need the actual font glyphs then you need to embed the fonts in the ePuB file.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
suzanneskifirst
Suzanneski
suzanneskifirst began at the beginning.

Device: none
Do you mean astrological glyphs? My friend is having the same problem. I don't believe you can embed them, and certainly not with InDesign. As far as I know, nothing embeds with InDesign epubs, not even a common font.

When I try fixing my friend's book, I plan to make myself a series of graphics with one glyph on each. It will be a nightmare, but I imagine this might be the only way to do it. If anyone has an answer, I'd love to hear it.

Suzanne
suzanneskifirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
As DaleDe says you need to embed the font that has the gliph. The gliph has to be a letter in that font.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #5
virtual_ink
Zealot
virtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad2, Kindle
Could you just use the html entities? (If they exist). Need to do this myself. Will try.
virtual_ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert