Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
backing up a system image

Luke from the italian Ebook Museum has just received its first edge, now he'd like to collect edge's system images from the main four releases.

I dont' think Badger and Coyote can be found somewhere on the internet

But since the edges currently sold from Holland come with Coyote, and another user just bought one, before he updgrades he could backup the system image.

Do you think this procedure would work?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/04...d-rom-manager/
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Possible problem is that the device requires access to the market to get the required files. The other question - will clockwork even run on any of the edges?
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2012, 04:14 AM   #3
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
I wonder, if I could get a hand on one of the EEs used at Russian schools, can I somehow make a system image of Ermine that's installed on them?
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post
I wonder, if I could get a hand on one of the EEs used at Russian schools, can I somehow make a system image of Ermine that's installed on them?
If you know someone at a school that is using them you might be able to get a copy of Ermine they are using either as an update zip or as a golden zip, both of which would be extremely useful.

You might be able to get a system image if you have access to the market to download the tools needed. It will also require access to one of the school EEs and you will need to put the image dump tools on it, which might cause problems.

Trying to get a zip file might be the better option.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post
Wow. It'd be great to have info about how are they modding EEs
Advert
Old 03-31-2012, 04:02 AM   #6
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
Wow. It'd be great to have info about how are they modding EEs
Well, I've seen their webinars. Seems that their only "modding" was replacing enTourage logos with OK (obrazovatelnyj komplex) logos. They use just the regular apps that we have: Reader and Journal. It's the interactive epub textbooks that make the trick. Still, i'll try to see it in person just to make sure.

Last edited by Burgher; 03-31-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Thanks. Your contribution is very appreciated.

I'm not sure if they're still producing new (old) EE's or they're using the remaining stocks they've bought from enTourage Systems
Old 03-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #8
Burgher
Connoisseur

I've read somewhere that they are still producing small batches of devices in Malaysia.