Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
what file format is the default B&N ebooks?

just ordered the nook, was wondering what file format they sell on the B&N ebook store, is it only one format or you can choose which format you want to buy for a particular book? Most important, is there any way to convert the B&N ebook format to other format such as PDF or epub, so I can read in another device? Does the DRM only allow you to read it on one device or it can be authorized on more than one portable devices? Thanks ahead.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
this is an interesting read

http://www.teleread.com/2009/10/20/b...ontent-server/
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #3
Sylver
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post

Thanks boswd, that was interesting, but can you confirm the ebooks sold on B&N site is epub format? I already have an adobe digital account that I use to buy epub from the Sony ebook store, so now with the nook I just ordered, do I need to setup a new adobe digital account just for B&N or my existing account for the Sony store still works? If my existing adobe digital account also works for the nook, then I shall be able to transfer all my previously purchased Sony epubs to the new nook, right?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
B&N provides e-books in either eReader or EPUB format, with B&N's own DRM. Which format you get is unpredictable, and can vary from day to day. The B&N EPUB format is not compatible with Adobe Digital Editions right now. Adobe has said that sometime this year they will incorporate B&N format into Adobe Digital Editions.

The NOOK handles not only B&N's DRM but also Adobe DRM, so your Sony e-books will work fine on the NOOK.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:48 PM   #5
Sylver
Addict

Thanks, Doug, that really sucks, everybody is developing its own DRM format; and it is so strange that I dont even know for my title I will be getting which format before I purchase? I guess I will stay with my Sony ebook store for now.
Advert