Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 12-27-2015, 03:36 AM   #1
ernieh
Connoisseur
ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch, kobo mini, Icarus Xl, Likebook Mars, Kobo Forma, Pocketboo
Icarus Illumina XL severe firmware problems.

I attach a copy of a mail I sent to Icarus/Distiread about this.
Icarus Illumina XL Firmware Problems.

The Book (the built in ereader software/app) app on my recently received Illumina XL has quite a few serious problems, in fact so serious that if I was not able to download Aldiko on it and use that for reading books it would have been un-useable.
I will list the problems as far as I can assess them but please keep in mind that these problems only exist while using the built in Books firmware. So far when using the other features such as menus and other apps like Aldiko the reader works reasonably well.
1 When attempting to change pages often the font changes to its maximum or minimum size and the page does not turn.
2 When attempting to use the screen touch to do anything from going to menus or turn pages the touch is often completely unresponsive.
3 After fixing the font size the book is often not on the page I was reading but is a few pages forward on back.
4 Pinch gestures on the screen sometimes work, sometime don’t and sometimes have unintended results like menus opening or font going to biggest or smallest.
5 The power off button works to put the reader into sleep mode but almost never gives the shutdown message no matter how long or short the press is.
I do not suspect the hardware or the android portion of the software as these seem to work fine but as you can see the rest of the system urgently requires upgrading or replacing. It certainly looks like you rushed this product to market with insufficient software testing.
I cannot be the only person experiencing these problems so Please rush a fix as quickly as possible.
Regards
Graham Ernest Hardwick.
PS The ticket system on your site seems to be down, but this is probably not that sort of query anyway.
PPS I intend to post a copy of this mail on the eread forum.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:49 PM   #2
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Exactly the same problems are happening on my unit as well. I am hoping an upgrade will come shortly.
In the interim I am using the Kindle app downloaded by me as Kindle for android. The kindle app as supplied on the unit kept reverting to the Australian Amazon store (not used by me).

John
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2016, 09:11 AM   #3
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
I attach a copy of a mail I sent to Icarus/Distiread about this.
Icarus Illumina XL Firmware Problems.

The Book (the built in ereader software/app) app on my recently received Illumina XL has quite a few serious problems, in fact so serious that if I was not able to download Aldiko on it and use that for reading books it would have been un-useable.
I will list the problems as far as I can assess them but please keep in mind that these problems only exist while using the built in Books firmware. So far when using the other features such as menus and other apps like Aldiko the reader works reasonably well.
1 When attempting to change pages often the font changes to its maximum or minimum size and the page does not turn.
2 When attempting to use the screen touch to do anything from going to menus or turn pages the touch is often completely unresponsive.
3 After fixing the font size the book is often not on the page I was reading but is a few pages forward on back.
4 Pinch gestures on the screen sometimes work, sometime don’t and sometimes have unintended results like menus opening or font going to biggest or smallest.
5 The power off button works to put the reader into sleep mode but almost never gives the shutdown message no matter how long or short the press is.
I do not suspect the hardware or the android portion of the software as these seem to work fine but as you can see the rest of the system urgently requires upgrading or replacing. It certainly looks like you rushed this product to market with insufficient software testing.
I cannot be the only person experiencing these problems so Please rush a fix as quickly as possible.
Regards
Graham Ernest Hardwick.
PS The ticket system on your site seems to be down, but this is probably not that sort of query anyway.
PPS I intend to post a copy of this mail on the eread forum.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Agreed. As it is this device is not usable.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:24 AM   #4
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
When you are in the reading app, read and and don't touch the screen for longer than five seconds no matter where you then touch the screen it will automatically adjust the font size (from largest to smallest).
This is a nightmare.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote