Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 09:26 AM   #136
moco
moco began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
What a star!

Thanks so much. Unbricked! Your efforts are really appreciated...
Old 06-27-2016, 04:29 PM   #137
sleepwalk
sleepwalk began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd, kobo clara hd
Hello David,
I haven't bricked my Kobo Glo HD but I was wondering... May I have the SD image as well, please? Just in case I brick it as I'm going to try the memory upgrade procedure.
Thank you in advance
Advert
Old 06-27-2016, 09:37 PM   #138
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent. But, as you are pulling the device apart to change the SD card, you might as well take your own image. That image will include the devices serial number
Old 06-28-2016, 01:15 AM   #139
sleepwalk
sleepwalk began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd, kobo clara hd
Ok, David!
I hope to be successful! (oh well... I'm a bit afraid...)

Thank you again!
Old 06-29-2016, 02:07 PM   #140
SirManuel
SirManuel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo hd
Hi, can anybody help me?
I also bricked my Kobo Glo HD by doing some tests with XCSoar.

Could you please share a SD Card Image

Thanks,

Manuel
Advert
Old 06-29-2016, 10:49 PM   #141
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.

But, XCSoar doesn't change anything that will block a factory reset. There have been several requests for images for XCSoar users and each have been fixed with a factory reset.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:23 PM   #142
playboater15
playboater15 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo HD
Hi David and the gang, it seems like I'm the latest in a long kist to wreck my kobo glo hd by enabling "OTG-USB" function in the startup menu of XC Soar. I cannot get a full reset to work so would appreciate an SD card image please. I have learned my lesson and will do this myself in future if playing around with a kobo. Thank you!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:52 PM   #143
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

Is the problem with getting the factory reset to work that you can't trigger it, or it starts but doesn't work? I remember testing this when I first got my Glo HD, and it took a lot of tries to get the timing right.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:11 AM   #144
playboater15

I don't seem to be able to trigger the reset with finger tapping. I just get a white screen. Thanks for the link to the image. On another forum, it says I need to change the serial number in hexeditor, is this true?
Old 07-02-2016, 05:40 AM   #145
playboater15

I'm also being a bit thick about this... The card is in my PC and seems to need formatting - what should I format it to? FAT, FAT 32, NFTS etc?
Old 07-02-2016, 07:46 AM   #146
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by playboater15 View Post
I don't seem to be able to trigger the reset with finger tapping. I just get a white screen. Thanks for the link to the image. On another forum, it says I need to change the serial number in hexeditor, is this true?
Yes, you should. The serial number is at offset 0x200. It starts "SN-". Then it is "N" followed by 13 digits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playboater15 View Post
I'm also being a bit thick about this... The card is in my PC and seems to need formatting - what should I format it to? FAT, FAT 32, NFTS etc?
You don't format anything. The file is a disk image. You need to write the image to the card. See Memory Upgrade Mod Guide for some instructions. These are for the Glo, but the steps and tools are the same.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #147
zdam
zdam began at the beginning.

Device: glo hd
Hey guys. Just stumbled upon this thread while searching for a GLO HD sd card image so I can unbrick my device. I ran into some issues and formatted the original card without thinking too much about it.

Could you please help me out with a sd card image?

Thanks
Old 07-05-2016, 09:43 PM   #148
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

zdam: I can send you a link for the image, but you will need to enable PMs in the control panel.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:41 AM   #149
zdam
zdam began at the beginning.

Device: glo hd
Hi David,

Thanks a lot, but I think that there might be a new user restriction in place, preventing me from activating PM. I checked all the user CP and could not find any way to do so. So it's either that or I'm getting old

I have added the yahoo / skype id's to my account contacts, so if it's not too much trouble, I'd ask you to send you the link via e-mail.

Thanks,
Andrei
Old 07-06-2016, 08:50 AM   #150
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Message sent.
Closed Thread