Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 06-27-2014, 04:55 AM   #1
hardwall
hardwall began at the beginning.

Device: none
Inkcase

Anyone tried this Inkcase? is it worth buying to read ebooks from iphone 5?https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/InkCase
hardwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:25 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwall View Post
Anyone tried this Inkcase? is it worth buying to read ebooks from iphone 5?https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/InkCase
Interesting device.
I do not like the thickness it adds to the phone.
I would be interested in purchasing it in stand-alone mode - not as a cover. You would have phone in your pocket and you could read from this little device.
Another point I do not like is that it only pairs with a very limited number of [very expensive] phones.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I think you would be better off waiting for their new model:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/0...ly-smartphone/

I tried one of the first-gen InkCases. It wasn't terribly useful:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2013/1...artphone-case/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #4
hardwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I think you would be better off waiting for their new model:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/0...ly-smartphone/

I tried one of the first-gen InkCases. It wasn't terribly useful:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2013/1...artphone-case/
thanks for the info. i think better wait for the new version as it looks slimmer and can adapt to more phone models.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:43 AM   #5
hardwall

Found the new version is on kickstarter now. i pledged for the $79 option but they do not have case for Nexus 5. anyone pledge this as well?
Advert
Old 07-22-2014, 01:47 PM   #6
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I would be interested in purchasing it in stand-alone mode - not as a cover. You would have phone in your pocket and you could read from this little device.
Another point I do not like is that it only pairs with a very limited number of [very expensive] phones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwall View Post
Found the new version is on kickstarter now. i pledged for the $79 option but they do not have case for Nexus 5. anyone pledge this as well?
Looks like with the Inkcase 2 they solved most of my objections. You can have relatively cheap phone, as long as it runs Android 4 and has bluetooth and you can keep the phone in your pocket and use the inkcase.
I have not pledged, because the Kickstarter reached the goal in about three hours and the first 300 discounted InkCases were already sold out.
I will wait for the first reviews like I did with the InkPhone ;-)
My only objection now is that the screen is a bit small and isn't lit.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-android-phone
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:50 AM   #7
hardwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Looks like with the Inkcase 2 they solved most of my objections. You can have relatively cheap phone, as long as it runs Android 4 and has bluetooth and you can keep the phone in your pocket and use the inkcase.
right, this is the point i like about it which i can use it with any android phones.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:36 AM   #8
Arbait
Connoisseur
Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage pocket eDGe,Pyrus mini, NOOK HD+, KAO, S6, S8, KP4, Note 10+
Just buy one, the first, for Galaxy Note 2, on ebay for 20 euro.
Until now i succeed to pair with my Acer A1 B811 (i dont have a GN2) and to send some pictures to inkcase. Failed to connect the ebook reader application.
Arbait is offline   Reply With Quote