Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-30-2017, 07:00 PM   #106
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
DRM help can not be done here.
Go to where you got those tools
How to get an eBook file from Amazon that can have the DRM removed can be discussed here.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:13 PM   #107
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJonesBGJ View Post
i removed 1.19 and installed 1.17.0 (44170)..
has been working fine until today... tried to convert AZW which has an associated PHL file... i added only AZW file to Calibre and now get DRM error message... Error report shows "error 1" and then message...
any suggestions welcomed...
i also converted several other files at the same time - they did not have a PHL file associated...
What was the name of the book? Could you supply a link to the Amazon page?
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2017, 01:00 PM   #108
EdJonesBGJ
EdJonesBGJ began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
https://www.amazon.com/Longshot-Dark...+from+darkness

i did get around it by using a FREE AZW to AZW3 convertor... but i'd rather not do that, but prefer to use Calibre for all conversions...

thanks
ed
EdJonesBGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:37 PM   #109
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJonesBGJ View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Longshot-Dark...+from+darkness

i did get around it by using a FREE AZW to AZW3 convertor... but i'd rather not do that, but prefer to use Calibre for all conversions...

thanks
ed
AZW means the book could be Mobi or KF8. Inb 2017, I see no reason to post a Mobi only eBook. So it should be a KF8 eBook. In that case, you don't need to convert.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:52 PM   #110
raisealaff
raisealaff began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Thank You

Thanks very much for the tip. I've no intention of uploading anything but I deeply resent paying Amazon for a book and being restricted to reading it on the (not very adaptable) Kindle. Many thanks.
raisealaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2017, 08:44 PM   #111
Deljah
Connoisseur
Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Android tablet
Thumbs up

Thank you for these tips. Method #2 worked for me. It was very straightforward and simple. I had to google opening a command line.

I tried method #1, and even with that link, the latest version of kindle for pc was downloaded.
Deljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:38 AM   #112
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
First time I encountered this issue and Calibre pointed me right to this thread. Wonderful! Method 1 worked flawlessly. Thanks!
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:24 AM   #113
Gbell2020
Gbell2020 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unfortunately both the method 1 and method 2 are not working for me anymore. I still have 1.17 kindle installed on my pc.
Gbell2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:33 AM   #114
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Detailed help with DRM is not permitted here. If you're still having problems ask at Apprentice Alf's blog or Apprentice Harper's github repository.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:03 PM   #115
dukerone
dukerone began at the beginning.

Device: PC
I ended us using #2 for my PC. I didn't understand that you meant to go the command prompt until I thought about it for a bit Thanks to you I made the changes and converted the book in Calibre.
dukerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:06 PM   #116
dukerone
dukerone began at the beginning.

Device: PC
#2 worked great once I figured out I was supposed to go the command prompt.

Thanks
dukerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:14 PM   #117
HWLange
HWLange began at the beginning.

Device: SONY reader
i found a simpler way than
ren %localappdata%\Amazon\Kindle\application\renderer-test.exe renderer-test.xxx

In Windows10 i searched renderer-test.exe - found it and renamed it renderer-test.xxx
restarted kindle for PC

kindle for PC downloaded the book in azw-format which i could read in calibre2.84.

Thank you for the solution!
HWLange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:28 PM   #118
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWLange View Post
i found a simpler way than
ren %localappdata%\Amazon\Kindle\application\renderer-test.exe renderer-test.xxx

In Windows10 i searched renderer-test.exe - found it and renamed it renderer-test.xxx
Thanks for sharing another method , but how is this any simpler? You did the exact same thing copying the command string above to the command window and pressing enter does.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #119
tin-ker
tin-ker began at the beginning.

Device: none
Another location for renderer-test.xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Code:
On my machine, renderer-test.exe is here:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Amazon\Kindle\renderer-test.exe
making the command line:
Code:
ren "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amazon\Kindle\renderer-test.exe" renderer-test.xxx
(and a moot point if you're already looking there for the file! )

I have Kindle 1.20.1 on Win7.

Renaming the file got everything working again. Thanks so much for the tip.
tin-ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:48 AM   #120
richard.presser
richard.presser began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone7 Plus, etc..
The above scenarios are well and good for old eBooks; however, new ones appear to require the KFX format. Are there plans to support the KFX format in Calibre? This seems to me to be the long term solution.
Thanks,

Richard
richard.presser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k4pc, kindle for pc