Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 04-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Post Verne, Jules: The Mysterious Island. v2, 22 Feb 2008

A loose sequel to "20,000 Leagues Under the Seas", "The Mysterious Island" tells the story of 5 men who crash-land on an uninhabited Pacific island after their balloon is caught in a hurricane. Starting with almost no resources, the book tells how they build "civilisation" from nothing. But the island has a mysterious secret...

This is one of my favourite Verne novels, and much less well-known than it deserves to be. The TV Series "Lost" was originally inspired by this book.

EDIT: 22 Feb 2008

Recreated the book from an improved PG version and added a cover picture. Uploaded v2.

Previous download count: 336
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The Mysterious Island.lrf (880.3 KB, 2615 views)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:59 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It's funny. Every time you describe a book, all I can think is "Gee... I've gotta read that!"

You should write book flap blurbs! ;-)
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2007, 01:47 PM   #3
lint
Enthusiast
lint has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader
fantastic book. keep the Verne coming!
lint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
It's funny. Every time you describe a book, all I can think is "Gee... I've gotta read that!"

You should write book flap blurbs! ;-)
Great! If it makes you want to read them, I'm obviously doing something right . These are all great books and everyone should read them.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I might say that J.V was my favorite writer at certain age! Could not stop reading him.
I don't know whether I will be able to read him a a near future but Thanks HarryT anyway! Great Job. I hope I will re-read J.V. someday.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2007, 10:59 AM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
How am I ever going to get my own projects done when you keep posting all this great material. Holmes - Dickens - Burroughs - Verne. I may have to revise the old slogan to read, "Great books, the curse of the literate."
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I know what you mean - there's so much great stuff out there that it's difficult to know where to begin! BD has really fired up my enthusiasm for producing nice versions of the PG stuff. PG is a good start, but with a bit of work you can produce something for the Reader that's so much nicer to read.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:55 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Recreated the book from an improved PG version and added a cover picture. Uploaded v2.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:47 AM   #9
hanchn
hanchn began at the beginning.

Device: None
What I can say is only a thanks
hanchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #10
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Harry T, many thanks for introducing me to this book, which I've just finished reading. It started a bit slow, but the second half was a real page-turner. I never guessed the dénouement.

But did you notice the glaring discrepancies in the dates? If the guys had no contact with the civilised world since March 1865, how could they know about ..... but I'll say no more so as not to spoil the very surprising ending.

A really good book. Thanks for your time in preparing and uploading it.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote