Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The new Voyage will be out on Mother's day.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #17
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
They were new for the link I posted and when I posted it. I assumed Amazon doesn't sell used items (items shipped from and sold by Amazon).
I think of refurbished items as a form of used items.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:25 AM   #18
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I think of refurbished items as a form of used items.
I can agree with that, maybe my statement should have read "I believe Amazon only sells New or Refurbished ..."

But I may be wrong, going through my previous link and through more sellers, there are some marked used in various conditions being sold by "Amazon Warehouse".
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:36 AM   #19
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Trade in Deals & people Not liking the product ALL are considered Refurbished / Used
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:08 AM   #20
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
anything sold as an amazon warehouse deal ( in the UK ) is classed as "used". I learned that the hard way from a warranty dispute with the manufacturer over a missing part.that was an essential bracket for an outdoor childs swing frame The Manufacturer refused to provide it. they also refused to register me for the 5 year warranty against wood rot and would not explain why some one having opened the box & returned the swing, unassembled, should invalidate that.
The one year of cover that you expect here on any new from a shop item does not apply to warehouse deals, not even the " like new" ones that claim to be a new thing in a scuffed box.
Legally, amazon warehouse is a seaparate company with a very misleading name. you do still get good CS when you report that items are damaged or have missing parts though. I have accepted several partial refunds for their mistakes ( like a pair of dumbbells where only a single one arrived! )

I bought a "used" tin of paint one time also which was OK, though their CS did not get the joke when I asked beforehand if it had been carefully scraped off the wall and put back in the tin....
I would not buy anything high value/ electronic from warehouse, as saving a few pounds in exchange for only getting 90 day cover is not attractive. Used paint is OK though

PS. after typing all that, I could not resist checking amazon warehouse deals for used condoms..... I kid you not, they have those also

Last edited by stumped; 09-09-2018 at 08:12 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:24 PM   #21
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
They were new for the link I posted and when I posted it. I assumed Amazon doesn't sell used items (items shipped from and sold by Amazon).
I checked the link you posted again today and the Voyage is for sale by Amazon without special offers for $219. Amazon does not sell refurbished or used Kindles for full price. It appears you can still get a new Voyage (without special offers) from Amazon and not the warehouse.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #22
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolja View Post
I checked the link you posted again today and the Voyage is for sale by Amazon without special offers for $219. Amazon does not sell refurbished or used Kindles for full price. It appears you can still get a new Voyage (without special offers) from Amazon and not the warehouse.
I think what John F meant is that he considers refurbished Kindles to be used Kindles. I think he mentioned that he could follow the links to buy new Voyages directly from Amazon (in all configurations except for WiFi only with special offers).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:47 PM   #23
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
But I may be wrong, going through my previous link and through more sellers, there are some marked used in various conditions being sold by "Amazon Warehouse".
The few times I've bought something used via Amazon Warehouse it's been like new with damaged packaging. Not that it has to be that way, I've just been lucky — only tried a few times.
Old 09-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #24
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I think what John F meant is that he considers refurbished Kindles to be used Kindles. I think he mentioned that he could follow the links to buy new Voyages directly from Amazon (in all configurations except for WiFi only with special offers).
I think that is what I said. I'm supporting his link - it does lead to new Voyages for sale by Amazon(and not by third party sellers, refurbished or the warehouse).
I too consider refurbished Kindles to be used Kindles.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:46 PM   #25
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolja View Post
I think that is what I said. I'm supporting his link - it does lead to new Voyages for sale by Amazon(and not by third party sellers, refurbished or the warehouse).
I too consider refurbished Kindles to be used Kindles.
Okay. I'm sorry. I guess I didn't follow the post as well as I should have. My apologies.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:02 PM   #26
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Now new Voyages (the $200 version) show up again in a search on Amazon. You can now buy via One-Click for delivery by the 21st.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	voyage.png
Views:	126
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	166181  
Old 09-09-2018, 09:32 PM   #27
Kolja
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Now new Voyages (the $200 version) show up again in a search on Amazon. You can now buy via One-Click for delivery by the 21st.
Good news. I can’t decide whether to order one or hold out in case a new version will be coming out.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #28
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Now, supposedly, new ($200) Voyages directly from Amazon can be delivered by Thursday ("available to ship in one to two days"). I wonder what it will say in another five hours? I'm beginning to think they're just yanking our chains.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	voyage2.png
Views:	131
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	166194