Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #151
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
It looks like Python3.0 may be a problem. I had a syntax error message pop up.

Edit: From the Python 3.0 download page

Quote:
Python 3.0 (a.k.a. "Python 3000" or "Py3k") is a new version of the language that is incompatible with the 2.x line of releases. The language is mostly the same, but many details, especially how built-in objects like dictionaries and strings work, have changed considerably, and a lot of deprecated features have finally been removed. Also, the standard library has been reorganized in a few prominent places.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	python30pid.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	24225  

Last edited by daffy4u; 02-23-2009 at 07:20 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #152
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Steinker View Post
reinstalled python 2.6.1 and heres a screen shot - i use my s/n when i tried for shot i did not use. ---- the path info is this ;c:\Python26;c:\Python26\Tools\Scripts -i put the file as said into the tools scripts as it said to. Thanks guys for all the help really don't know what I am doing wrong
Did you press enter after typing the "y" on the last line there? There is no further prompt under it?

If you would like I could webex into your machine to see what is going on.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #153
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
It looks like Python3.0 may be a problem. I had a syntax error message pop up.
Daff... in the screen shot she shows, there is no response to the script name... which is telling me she isn't running it. There should be some type of response and then the DOS prompt again.

BOb
Old 02-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #154
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Daff... in the screen shot she shows, there is no response to the script name... which is telling me she isn't running it. There should be some type of response and then the DOS prompt again.

BOb
I thought the response was the error message in the right lower corner saying that ***kindlepid.py is not a valid win32 application.

After some Google searching, it could be a corrupted kindlepid file. Deleting and re-downloading igorsks files may help.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #155
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I thought the response was the error message in the right lower corner saying that ***kindlepid.py is not a valid win32 application.
Pfftt.. I didn't even see that.

BOb
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #156
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
reinstalled python 2.6.1 and heres a screen shot - i use my s/n when i tried for shot i did not use. ---- the path info is this ;c:\Python26;c:\Python26\Tools\Scripts -i put the file as said into the tools scripts as it said to. Thanks guys for all the help really don't know what I am doing wrong
Try typing:

cd \python26 [press enter]
python --version [press enter]
python kindlepid.py[press enter]

Show me a print screen of those commands and their results.

BOb
Old 02-24-2009, 07:34 AM   #157
J.Steinker
J.Steinker has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle
that was different - hope this helpss figure out whats wrong
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PID4.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	24273  
J.Steinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #158
J.Steinker

went back deleted the kindlepid.py file re downloaded and put in direectory tools scripts this is results im getting now - somehow I must be doing some thing wrong when i add the kindlepid.py file Click image for larger version

Name:	pid5.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	24274

Name:	pid6.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	24275
Old 02-24-2009, 12:30 PM   #159
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
went back deleted the kindlepid.py file re downloaded and put in direectory tools scripts this is results im getting now - somehow I must be doing some thing wrong when i add the kindlepid.py file
Can you change into the directory that has the kindlepid file in it, and run the

python kindlepid.py

command again.

BOb
Old 02-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #160
J.Steinker

Quote:
Can you change into the directory that has the kindlepid file in it, and run the

python kindlepid.py

command again.

BOb
Dont't understand
Old 02-24-2009, 02:04 PM   #161
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Dont't understand
Do you know what the cd command does?

Do you know what the prompt indicates?

BOb
Old 02-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #162
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:

python kindlepid.py

command again.

BOb
It looks like that was done in post #158. It's the last command in the DOS box. There is an error message below the command.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:18 PM   #163
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It looks like that was done in post #158. It's the last command in the DOS box. There is an error message below the command.
Right, the error message was that the script file couldn't be found. When you pass the file name into python that script is expected to be in the current directory unless you specify a path. I think she said she had in it the scripts folder. So, that message was totally expected.

Either she needs to run that command from c:\python26\scripts as the current dir or she needs to run the command specifying the path to the file like:

python \python26\scripts\kindlepid.py

BOb
Old 02-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #164
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Gottcha.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #165
J.Steinker

think i understand now
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pid7.JPG
Views:	244