Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
evirtue
evirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Aura One-Kobo Glo HD
Arrow Firmware 4.10.11655

2nd August 2018 Firmware for Kobo Devices

Version 4.10.11655

https://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html

Succesfully upgraded Kobo Glo HD to 4.10.11655 (kobo 6)
evirtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:40 PM   #2
Cariboou
Cariboou began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks for the firmware, now the e-raider of my wife working fine, the problems was there
Thanks again
Cariboou
Cariboou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2018, 07:59 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
My understanding is that this release is to fix the WiFi problems that were seen in 4.10.11591. It will probably just go to the same devices in the same order. I do not expect there to be any changes beyond what was in the previous release. My notes from the previous release are here.

For calibre users, this will already be supported by calibre v3.30.

Edit:

Checked with Kobo, and this will be for devices "that we currently sell". So, the Aura ONE and later. They don't seem to have configured the Aura ONE deployment yet, but I think it is more important for the others (adding Overdrive and then fixing the WiFi). And it is only to fix the WiFi issues.

There will be an update for the older devices "soon".

Last edited by davidfor; 08-29-2018 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Added info from Kobo
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:53 PM   #4
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
So no built-in Overdrive support for Glo HD?
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:08 PM   #5
evirtue
evirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Aura One-Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
True, Overdrive doesnt exist for Glo HD
evirtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2018, 09:48 PM   #6
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
the logic is obvious if you want Overdrive then you have to buy one of the current line up of Kobo e-readers. a perfectly understandable marketing ploy on Kobo's part all be it annoying/undesirable for owners of the older devices.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:45 PM   #7
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
So there's an update for an update that I haven't even got yet??
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:47 AM   #8
Derf
Connoisseur
Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD / Mac User
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post

Apparently, yes.

My Clara HD has updated once since the shipping firmware. But it did not update to the first 4.10 firmware. I wonder if it will skip that update and go straight to the latest version, or if I will need to update twice?
Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:52 AM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf View Post
Apparently, yes.

My Clara HD has updated once since the shipping firmware. But it did not update to the first 4.10 firmware. I wonder if it will skip that update and go straight to the latest version, or if I will need to update twice?
Your next update will be to the newest firmware whatever version that might be when your Clara HD's number comes up.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:53 AM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
It would appear the WiFi issues were serious enough for Kobo to rush this release out the door.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:06 AM   #11
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I updated my Clara with the FW yesterday ;(
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:29 AM   #12
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
It would appear the WiFi issues were serious enough for Kobo to rush this release out the door.
Of course, you're blocking the access to the store
Old 08-30-2018, 09:49 AM   #13
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I’ve had WiFi issues even without the update. Had to put my password in so many times I’ve memorized it.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:57 AM   #14
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
On my Clara HD the wi-fi issue is resolved with this firmware.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 01:13 PM   #15
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Installed in Clara-HD with patches, no issue at the moment (I cannot talk about WIFI as I don't use it).