Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-19-2015, 04:05 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Firmware 3.17.3 Discussion

Comments welcome
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Page turns are still slower in epubs when pausing normally between pages (they're still much faster if you continuously flip through pages).

Powering the reader completely off from a kepub does now place you exactly where you left off once you power on and open the book up again. So that's been fixed.

And thank you for putting a space between Firmware and 3 in the subject! Yeah, that other subject line was driving me nuts to look at, especially after proofing books.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:43 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Hmmm... still the same delay on a restart/power on with the home screen tiles showing text labels for a minute or so instead of showing the cover image thumbnails. After the tiles get their images, the finished books disappear from the screen.

One ebook my wife is reading still has a weird page count display. It's a DRMed epub she borrowed from the library. Page 7 of 2? 350% read? See attached screen shots. The display starts at Page 2 of 2 with each new file/chapter.

Otherwise, I haven't seen any restarts in the last 3 hours but then I was using the extend sickel timeout patch so didn't see them anyways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	950
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	141237   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	1048
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	141238  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:44 PM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It seems that sickel was disabled, it's still there but it only gives a log message of wanting to reboot, instead of actually rebooting for real. If it actually does reboot after a while, I was not patient enough to find out.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #5
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
My 200 MB PDF that caused 3.17.0 to reboot now works fine. It takes about 15 sec to open.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:06 PM   #6
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
The first post of the Direct Links to Kobo Firmware has been updated to include 3.17.3.

This release is currently unnamed. It's still too early in the morning, but I've already used that as a release name. And I wouldn't want to be repetititive.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:22 PM   #7
Desdinova
Eternal light
Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, Touch, H2O - now Aura One and Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
The first post of the Direct Links to Kobo Firmware has been updated to include 3.17.3.

This release is currently unnamed. It's still too early in the morning, but I've already used that as a release name. And I wouldn't want to be repetititive.
How about 'Sick of Sickle?"
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:41 PM   #8
Ogion
Ogion began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
You may be interested to note that the size of the Mark 4 file may have changed since the link was posted.

In the release thread it's listed as

Mark 4 Hardware: Glo/Aura HD/TouchLC (Low Cost -N905C Model)
(, Aug2015)
89.7 MB - 91,955 KB - 94,161,817 bytes

but the file I've just downloaded from that link is reported to be 94.3 MB (94,270,768 bytes).
Ogion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:53 PM   #9
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogion View Post
You may be interested to note that the size of the Mark 4 file may have changed since the link was posted.

In the release thread it's listed as

(, Aug2015)

but the file I've just downloaded from that link is reported to be 94.3 MB (94,270,768 bytes).
I think you're looking at the 3.17.0 release.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:00 PM   #10
Ogion
Ogion began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I did double-check by downloading 3.17.3 twice but I've just gone back to the download thread and spotted that the 3.17.3 properties have been listed as being exactly the same as the 3.17.0 properties.

It seems that there's probably a typo in the 3.17.3 details.
Ogion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:02 PM   #11
murg
No Comment

Quote:

I'm calling this one: The Pissing on a Spark Plug release
Old 08-19-2015, 06:09 PM   #12
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
I'm calling this one: The Pissing on a Spark Plug release

how about the why bother release, or perhaps the more trouble than it's worth release

best wishes koboy

Last edited by koboy; 08-19-2015 at 06:13 PM.
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:16 PM   #13
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Koboy; have you considered that maybe because it is fixing issues people have reported? Honestly; I have no idea at time what people like you want.

You bitch when there are bugs; you make "smart arse" comments when a new build id released to fix some of the bugs.

Does anything make youy happy?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:22 PM   #14
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogion View Post
I did double-check by downloading 3.17.3 twice but I've just gone back to the download thread and spotted that the 3.17.3 properties have been listed as being exactly the same as the 3.17.0 properties.

It seems that there's probably a typo in the 3.17.3 details.
I'm seeing that the 3.17.0 and 3.17.3 listings are different.

Clear your browser cache?

I downloaded both versions and they are the correct sizes, as listed in the post.

Quote:

(, Aug2015)
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...ate-3.17.0.zip

(, Aug2015)
89.9 MB - 92,062 KB - 94,270,768 bytes
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...ate-3.17.3.zip
Old 08-19-2015, 06:29 PM   #15
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Does anything make youy happy?
A lack of typos in a post makes me ecstatic.