Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-16-2015, 04:29 PM   #1
Witer1989
Witer1989 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad4
what is better for reading ipad or kindle?

Hi, I want to buy via bestshop-usa.com a good e-book, but dunno what is better iPad or kindle?
Witer1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #2
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
To me it depends on what you want to read. I much prefer my iPad for magazines (subscriptions through Zinio) and PDF documents. I prefer my Kindle Paperwhite for reading plain text (novels).
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:51 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
iPad is harder on the eyes, I find. Eink is much easier to read. If you are reading novels, or other text-only books, I would go with Kindle. Also, it is much cheaper. Be aware that a new version of the Kindle Paperwhite begins shipping on June 30th.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:32 PM   #4
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
I read on my iPad mini and on my Kindle all the time and I just don't experience any real differences in comfort or portability with either. The quality of both LCD screens and e-ink screens has moved quite a bit upwards over the years (a low res, low contrast e-ink is JUST as horrific as a low res, low contrast LCD screen) and both are pretty awesome for reading these days, although some people may prefer one or the other for whatever reason.

The Kindle is VASTLY cheaper than an iPad, so if reading is the only concern, you might as well save a bunch of money. On the other hand the iPad does way more stuff including being a decent e-reading device. I'm mostly thinking of the iPad Mini line here, which is much closer to the size of a trade paperback than the full size iPad. I can hold it in a more ergonomic fashion than I can the full sized iPad, and it travels better due to the reduced size. If you want to do magazines and comic books go with a full size 9.7" tablet. For text books I would recommend either the iPad mini or the Kindle e-reader.

So many considerations to make. Good luck!
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best ebooks, ebook, ipad, kindle, reading