Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 05-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Stevenson, Robert Louis: David Balfour (Kidnapped and Catriona), v1.01, 3 June 2008

Kidnapped and Catriona in one volume. I've produced a combined version, as they are really one long novel covering the fortunes of David Balfour, rather than two separate books.

Please report any problems with typos or formatting.

(Yes, I know Catriona was originally called David Balfour, but it makes a lot of sense to call the combined volume by that name.)

New version 1.01 now includes an expanded glossary of dialect words, various typos corrected, some reformatting, especially of quoted speech. and some renaming of parts.

This is a v5 Mobipocket book. Older versions of Mobipocket Reader might not be able to open it.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DavidBalfour101.zip (590.9 KB, 1109 views)

Last edited by pdurrant; 06-03-2008 at 11:19 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:22 AM   #2
Indigo Ink
The curious one!
Indigo Ink began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook, Ebookman 901
Hi there

thanks a lot for uploading this classic!
But I seem to have a problem with it. I use an ebookman which uses an older version of mobipocket (mobipocket no longer updates the reader for ebookman). I was able to download the book to the bookman but it does not open the book and gives a message saying that I need to upgrade my reader. Any ideas on what I need to do? thanks in advance. (Could the cover page be causing a problem?)
Indigo Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2008, 06:22 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Ink View Post
Hi there

thanks a lot for uploading this classic!
But I seem to have a problem with it. I use an ebookman which uses an older version of mobipocket (mobipocket no longer updates the reader for ebookman). I was able to download the book to the bookman but it does not open the book and gives a message saying that I need to upgrade my reader. Any ideas on what I need to do? thanks in advance. (Could the cover page be causing a problem?)
I made the book using Mobipocket Creator 4.2, and having checked carefully, it seems that this produces version 5 mobipocket files, which must be too new for your reader. I had a go at getting it to produce version 4 files, by removing non-Latin-1 characters, and changing the cover size and format, but without success.

If anyone knows how to force generation of earlier format files, I'll give it another go. Until then, I can't help. :-(

I could send you my source HTML, if you have tools to generate earlier versions.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Uploaded v1.01, with various corrections and improvements. Comments welcome.