Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
preciousferret
preciousferret began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Calibre Ebook Management

I am currently using Calibre to convert ebooks from PDF Files to Epub Format; however, once I convert I still have a header and a footer flowing through the text on top, middle, and bottom of page. John from Calibre told me to click remove header and remove footer but that I needed to write a regular expression to match them but I do not know what to write as I am not computer software literate. David from Calibre told me to post this and I could get help at this forum.
preciousferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Moved to the Calibre-forum.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Um ... "John from Calibre" and "David from Calibre"?
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
preciousferret
preciousferret began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I still do not know what to write for a regular expression to match remove header and footer. If I click remove header and footer and leave the regular expression that is there I still have a header and footer in my book.
preciousferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I'm not the person to ask about regexes; they terrify me. (although I did once start a thread about them which turned into quite an epic ... discussion) However, there is at least one active thread here about footer removal via converting to a format which dislikes them, which might help you out until the real gurus get back from partying all weekend and give you a more useful answer than I can.

I'm still confused about who "John from Calibre" and "David from Calibre" are.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert