Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #106
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post

Psst.... I think you have many more reading this thread than you think..
Attachment 48269<-- click me
Where? (He looks about with not a little alarm)

Yikes! There's one now!

And she is, is it possible, yes! she is clutching a freshly downloaded copy of Boomerang. (try to visualize that!)
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #107
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Hmm...interesting jpg there! I wonder if the shameless among us are responsible for about 98% of those views.
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #108
davison
Working On It
davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

That's right, go ahead and shatter my illusion...
davison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:13 PM   #109
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Ah, that's what that unfortunate sound was...sorry about your illusion. You might want to sweep that up. It's all over the floor.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #110
davison
Working On It
davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

funny thing: its sticky...I never knew illusions were sticky...broom no good. I'll get a mop.
davison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:38 PM   #111
davidhburton
Addict

Be careful not to step in it...it'll get stuck to your shoe, especially if it was made of grandeur....wait, maybe that was what delusions were made of. Hmm.

Either way, use some Spic and Span...that stuff works miracles.

Last edited by davidhburton; 03-17-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #112
davidhburton
Addict

We interrupt the shameful posting for a brief chuckle.

Children’s Books to Avoid
http://davidhburton.com/?p=2245

Epic Fails
http://davidhburton.com/?p=2685
Old 03-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #113
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Well, I haven't actually WRITTEN a book. . .

But I'd like to, someday. You know, a poignant, coming of age story full of insight, and violent sex. I know it'd be great! And the movie rights should make me very wealthy.

Think it's too soon to announce that now?
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #114
davidhburton
Addict

It's never too soon!! Welcome to the "I've Soiled Myself Club"!! Now hang your head in shame.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:44 AM   #115
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Shameless Promotion has slacked off a bit, don't you think?

It is late night here in Arizona and both Amazon and Barnes and Noble have not switched over to the new price yet. So, if you want the Deal of the Century on a book by an author Everyone is Sure To Be Talking About Soon (it's true), and you want it cheap, now is the time to pick up your own personal copy of Boomerang. Here is what one satisfied reader had to say:

Review by: Edward Brownstein on Feb. 09, 2010 :
Very funny! A madcap adventure along the likes of Carl Hiaasen or Tim Dorsey. The characters have depth and the plot was intricate and fun to watch come together at the end. I can recommend it without reservation.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:13 AM   #116
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
But I'd like to, someday. You know, a poignant, coming of age story full of insight, and violent sex. I know it'd be great! And the movie rights should make me very wealthy.

Think it's too soon to announce that now?
It sounds most thrilling. I'll write a preemptive review of it. I'll say I didn't like it because it was too perfect.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #117
davidhburton
Addict

Way to go, Alan! Bring us back on track! Superb work!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #118
plumboz
Novelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
Way to go, Alan! Bring us back on track! Superb work!
Thank you.

I haven't run out of ammunition yet. Here is a bit from a review by brilliant and lovely reviewer banjobama on her site Ebook Alchemy.

I could tell Boomerang was very carefully written. There are no wasted words, and no fluffy padding of any kind. The humor in the narration reminds me of Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome, one of my personal favorites. If you aren’t into very dry, pompous, “Ministry of Silly Walks” type jokes, there are still plenty of laughs in the dialog and the situations themselves.

So who's up for some laughs? Boomerang is the place to be!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #119
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Here's some shameless promotion of a detailed review touting my writing mistakes and unrefined skills:

http://the-great-white-ebook-shark.b...a-sparrow.html
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #120
davidhburton
Addict

Wow! What an interesting site! How did you come across it?

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo