Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #1
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Highlighting across two pages--impossible?

One feature I like about the PRS-700 is the highlighting and annotation feature. However, there seems to be at least one flaw: If I want to highlight an idea/thought/sentence etc. that spans from one page to the next, I can't do it. I have to split the highlight into two. The PRS-700 considers this two separate highlight entries when I actually consider them to be one.

Is there a way to solve this issue? Or perhaps I'm just not using the software correctly?
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Hi thi, yes, there is a way around this, what you have to do is highlight the text you want highlighted and then as you reach the last character of that page press the "next page" hard button while still holding the stylus pressed on that last character, then continue to highlight the text on the other page.

The key here is not removing the stylus from the screen until you are finished highlighting

Last edited by el.astrologo; 03-15-2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: typo
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ooooo! I'm going to try out this tip. THANKS!
Old 03-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist

It works!!! Thanks!
Old 03-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Sure, no worries
Advert
Old 03-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by el.astrologo View Post
Hi thi, yes, there is a way around this, what you have to do is highlight the text you want highlighted and then as you reach the last character of that page press the "next page" hard button while still holding the stylus pressed on that last character, then continue to highlight the text on the other page.

The key here is not removing the stylus from the screen untill you are finished highlighting
I learn something new here everyday!

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #7
el.astrologo
Groupie

The funny thing is I hadn't thought it possible until I decided to see if I could find a way to help thibaulthalpern

Last edited by el.astrologo; 03-15-2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #8
Server
Anti-Narcissist
Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SØNY6
Thumbs up

I also didn't know this was possible. Of course I never thought I trying
this and presumed that the note would be split and indexed right after
each other.

I can't wait until there is a public ROM available for the Dev chef's to cook with.
There is so much upside potential and customized tweaks that make this
reader better than what it is.
Server is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #9
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by el.astrologo View Post
The funny thing is I hadn't thought it possible until I decided to see if I could find a way to help thibaulthalpern
Aww....so sweet