Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
UK Waterstones inventory Question

There's a book from a U.S. academic press which is out-of-print and unavailable here, but listed as available in 2--3 weeks time on Waterstone's site in the UK --- do they have some source in the UK which might stock the book? Or would they just try to order it from the other side of the Atlantic?
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
It may be available through one of the "print-on-demand" services - I've bought books on that basis from both Waterstones and Amazon I think. I'm just looking at a book by Wolgand Iser published in paperback in the US, but it says at the bottom of the back page that it was actually printed in Milton Keynes on 4 March 2010 - in response to my order for it. Because of the cover prices of academic books it makes it worthwhile to do it. I think one of the Blackwell stores in London has a walk-in service for print-on-demand.

Of course, there might be a completely different explanation in your case
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I suspect that up-dating out-of-print status is a very low priority, and that if I tried to order it from Waterstones, they'd turn around and try to order it from the U.S., and only then would they realise it was out-of-print.

I'll just wait for it to show up on abebooks....
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote