Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-23-2015, 05:38 AM   #46
MadInGlasvegas
MadInGlasvegas began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook inkpad
Nate hopefully you will be looking at this thread at some point.

I am thinking about buying inkpad from the French store but I am dreading it after I have read the comments about their service. Could you elaborate a bit more on the issues you had. i.e. did the shipment get delayed which i assume it did and if so by how much. I understand that the French shop was unresponsive - does it mean that they were happy enough to take your money and than went silent on you as they had no stock? They told me i could reserve inkpad and get in feb but i am thinking that i may end up getting better customer service in Poland - simply because my French is too poor to give them good shouting at if things go wrong whereas in Pl i ve got pals who would be able to get into the shop for me.
MadInGlasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:07 PM   #47
GypsyJon
Enthusiast
GypsyJon began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Book Pro 902
I am really intrigued by the Ink Pad, but my Pocketbook Pro 902 just keeps chugging along and it has a larger screen....

Is the Ink Pad screen much better than the old 902 screen?
GypsyJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2015, 10:07 PM   #48
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyJon View Post
I am really intrigued by the Ink Pad, but my Pocketbook Pro 902 just keeps chugging along and it has a larger screen....

Is the Ink Pad screen much better than the old 902 screen?
Yes and no. It's much higher resolution, and that really helps with reading PDF files with thin fonts. Unfortunately, the sharpness is worse (i.e. the screen looks a bit blurry), and the contrast is no better, and may be worse. It's my opinion that the touch and light layers are causing the worse sharpness and contrast. I wonder if the "large" 8" screen is the cause of the problem, that those layers have to be thicker to cover a larger area than on a 6" reader?

That said, I use my Inkpad now instead of my 902. The contrast and sharpness may disappoint me a little, but it doesn't really affect my reading on the device. And everything else is better on the Inkpad (memory, CPU, light, touch layer, improved TTS, faster WiFi,...).
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura, comparison, kobo, pocketbook