Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #1
dundundun2
dundundun2 began at the beginning.

Device: nono
pocketbook 3 | acessins notes/highlights

hello.

just got my new pocketbook 3 lux. I can't find anywhere how to get my highlights/notes of a certain book to my pc (like in a text file) , can't get to system folder either with all show hidden files thingy.

can someone help me? i believe there should be a way to get to them through usb.

p.s. sorry for misspelling tittle ( accessing notes / highlights )
dundundun2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:37 AM   #2
dundundun2

idk man, should have got all things right before you bought the thing
Old 01-05-2016, 04:51 PM   #3
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
It's true that you have to uncheck the "show hidden files" box in explorer before you see the system folder. Do you not see it after that? If you use the default app for reading epubs, the notes are saved in the system/config/Active Contents folder. You should be able to access the notes via USB.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:37 PM   #4
dundundun2

turns out, i had not only check "show hidden files" but uncheck " hide system files" so it looks good now, and yes i found where it saves highlights/notes. thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
It's true that you have to uncheck the "show hidden files" box in explorer before you see the system folder. Do you not see it after that? If you use the default app for reading epubs, the notes are saved in the system/config/Active Contents folder. You should be able to access the notes via USB.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:19 PM   #5
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundundun2 View Post
turns out, i had not only check "show hidden files" but uncheck " hide system files" so it looks good now, and yes i found where it saves highlights/notes. thank you very much.
Why would they have two separate checkboxes for the same thing? Windows is a mystery.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:19 AM   #6
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Why would they have two separate checkboxes for the same thing? Windows is a mystery.
Because you can have hidden files that are not system files, and you can have system files that are not hidden.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:24 AM   #7
rkomar
Wizard

That sort of makes sense, but it still seems strange to me that files on an external device can be both hidden and system files by default when they shouldn't be either.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:13 AM   #8
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I agree. But that is not a Windows issue but a decision PocketBook made.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:01 PM   #9
rkomar
Wizard

It is a Windows issue that any folder anywhere called "system" is assumed to hold system files and should be hidden from users by default (in two ways!). But I agree that PocketBook could have chosen a better name for the folder on the device, given that behaviour in Windows.