Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-18-2014, 01:03 AM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nah, I'm guessing it relies on X.

Was annoyed, hacked fbgrab to not blow up on Kindle's fb.

Thoroughly untested and mostly coded blind, but seems to work.
Crappy K4 binary, will post proper ones tomorrow if people confirm it works.

@twobob: I get negative images with ffmpeg (well, libav actually). Got the same with my fbgrab tweaks until & 0xff saved the day.

It's 7AM, and I have no idea what I just did, but yay. .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-18-2014 at 04:10 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:00 AM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
nice! I would put it on my k4.....
if I could get the usbnet working.... sigh. , what on earth has happened to that...

EDIT: Checked the code, nice work.

root@ubuntu64:/# splint +posixlib /usr/local/src/fbgrab.c
Splint 3.1.2 --- 23 Aug 2008

Quote:
/usr/include/asm-generic/int-ll64.h:17:24: Parse Error:
Suspect missing struct or union keyword: __signed__ :
int. (For help on parse errors, see splint -help parseerrors.)
Oh yeah. linux headers lol. We'll give it a mulligan

Top job

Last edited by twobob; 06-18-2014 at 08:01 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #18
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool, will build it properly, and check on a K2/K3.

Also just found out that fbshot handles 8bpp FB, but segfaults, so, yay, didn't waste my time ;D.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Oh, the pain. I remember why I gave up oh so long ago. 4bpp FB on legacy devices. OH THE PAIN.

Managed to hack somethign that works by seemingly pure magic. (I have literally no idea what I'm doing here, it's awesome xD).

On the other hand, K5 support was waaay trivial. Working on cropping the garbage now, and this should support EVERYTHING. YAY.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #20
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Here are the latest binaries, should run (and be useful) on everything.

This is also bundled in USBNetwork/KoboStuff, FWIW .

EDIT: Done. The binaries are in the latest USBNetwork release & snapshots (and the up to date sources are in the x-tc tarball); as well as in my KoboStuff.

EDIT²: And to make Google useful: FBGrab with Kindle & Kobo eInk (eink_fb & mxc_epdc_fb) support (4bpp & 8bpp & 16bpp & 32bpp).
Attached Files
File Type: gz FBGrab-1.3.17813.N.tar.gz (325.5 KB, 186 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-29-2020 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Updated to 1.3.17813.N
Advert
Old 06-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #21
nixlos
nixlos began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
is that what i need to make screenshot over telnet?

how do i use it?

i only want to take a screenshot to check out on wich page the kindle is.

iam new on this kindle unix stuff.

thanks
nixlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:25 PM   #22
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Telnet is evil, but that's another subject .

fbgrab whatever.png
Old 06-19-2014, 03:37 AM   #23
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Excellent job on this. much obligation
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:01 AM   #24
nixlos
nixlos began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
how do i install and use it???
nixlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:52 AM   #25
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixlos View Post
how do i install and use it???
  • Download the attachment: FBGrab-1.2-Kindle.tar.gz
  • Place in the root of USB storage
  • Do a "safely remove" and "eject" of the USB storage
  • ssh or telnet into Kindle
  • make the location of the top of USB storage the current directory, enter:
    cd /mnt/us
  • to extract only the file fbgrab from the archive, enter:
    tar -xzf FBGrab-1.2-Kindle.tar.gz FBGrab/fbgrab
  • You will not need the rest of the archive **on the kindle**
  • To take a screenshot at any time, enter:
    /mnt/us/FBGrab/fbgrab name-of-file-to-create.png

Last edited by knc1; 06-19-2014 at 04:57 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:47 AM   #26
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Alternatively, update to the snapshot version of USBNetwork I linked to earlier, and fbgrab will be in your $PATH .
Old 06-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #27
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Meh, the 4bpp conversion was a tiny bit off (a bit light on the contrast), will post updated binaries later with the maths stolen^Wrepurposed from KOReader .

EDIT: Done. Updated package in #20, and updated snapshots are currently uploading.

EDIT^2: Snapshots are ready.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-19-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:57 AM   #28
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Updated the standalone package in #20 to match current snapshots .
Old 03-21-2017, 06:50 PM   #29
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And a quick update for an FBGrab fix on Kobo FW 4.x .

(Still alive! Hopefully back full-time soon(-ish)!)
Old 03-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #30
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Welcome back
encol is offline   Reply With Quote