Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 06:48 AM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
[Android] CC 5.3.2 beta

CC 5.3.2.1 has been released to the beta channel.

Changes:
  • Change "Simple search" to "Faster search"
  • Add an option to choose which fields (columns) are examined when using Faster Search. Settings / Grouping Drawer / Fields examined in faster search.
  • Updated languages: Polish, Vietnamese
  • [BUG FIX] Fix the Content Server connection disconnecting if a search finds no books.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:53 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CC 5.3.2.2 has been released to the beta channel.

Changes:
  • Improved help text for faster search
  • Updated languages: Brazilian Portuguese, French, Polish, Spanish
  • [BUG FIX]Fix problem with calibre V3 library names containing HTML special characters such as ampersand (&)
  • [BUG FIX]Fix problem where the content server continuously sends requests when working with small libraries
The calibre library name problem required me to completely rewrite how the CC content server connection accesses calibre. I have tested it with V2 and V3 content servers, but it would help if people in the beta group verify that the content server connection still works for them.

Thanks to you translators who have already made the necessary translation changes.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:49 AM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
I think this version broke Content Server connection. It shows only now two folders, "Newest" and "Title", which are empty. (I'm using Calibre Portable 3.0)
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:52 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
I think this version broke Content Server connection. It shows only now two folders, "Newest" and "Title", which are empty. (I'm using Calibre Portable 3.0)
I need a CC debug log, please.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:57 AM   #5
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I need a CC debug log, please.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9tp8ohk5f...g.log.txt?dl=0
Old 06-21-2017, 02:45 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
According to that debug log, calibre is giving CC the same library name twice but with different letter case. It looks like only one of them is correct.

Example:
Code:
current library = NQK-Ebooks-Library, 
available libraries={"default_library":"NQK-Ebooks-Library"
    "library_map":{"NQK-Ebooks-Library":"NQK-Ebooks-Library",
                   "nqk-ebooks-library":"NQK-Ebooks-Library"}}
CC tries to fetch information using the uppercase version. Calibre gives nothing back.

At 2017-06-20 17:01:12 calibre reported only one library. At 2017-06-21 09:22:38 calibre started reporting the two libraries shown above.

Do you have both libraries in calibre's quick-switch menu? If so, try removing the one that has the wrong letter case.

Another possibility: do you see the same library name twice in CC's change calibre library menu? If so, try selecting one then the other to see if behavior changes.

There were calibre bug reports related to having the same library multiple times in the switch list. I don't recall exactly what they were or when they were fixed.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:02 AM   #7
nqk
Fanatic

I have only one library, the one with title-case name is correct, the one with lower-case name is not.

Edit: Oh. It works now. I really don't know what happened.

Last edited by nqk; 06-21-2017 at 03:06 AM.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:06 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have only one library, the one with title-case name is correct, the one with lower-case name is not correct.
But calibre is telling CC that both of them exist. There is no way for CC to get that information other than from calibre.

Did you try the experiment with CC's switch content server library?

Another thing you can try is in calibre, and assuming you are using authentication, limit that user only to the correct library.

I am currently trying to make calibre do the same thing for me, but without success. Of course, I am running from the latest source so the bug fix I mentioned earlier is there.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:37 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

The problem with case differences in library names was fixed in calibre V3 beta 11. Is the version of portable you are running older than that?
Old 06-24-2017, 07:34 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

CC 5.3.2.3 has been released to the beta channel.

Changes:
  • Enable statistics gathering for beta releases
  • Update languages: Japanese, Polish, Spanish
  • [BUG FIX] fix content server "download all" not working after changing the calibre library