Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-07-2021, 03:43 PM   #16
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I use AlreaderX which has a nightmode. There is a dedicated e-ink version.

Shame Neoreader doesn't have nightmode. Koreader can read pdf and image-based pdf with nightmode. Odd Onyx don't implement it.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:20 PM   #17
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 5, Likebook 4, Tolino 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I use AlreaderX which has a nightmode. There is a dedicated e-ink version.

Shame Neoreader doesn't have nightmode. Koreader can read pdf and image-based pdf with nightmode. Odd Onyx don't implement it.
That's not just about the application - when you finish it, it lights up.
This does not happen when the system inverts the color - but this is then wrong for images.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2021, 09:37 PM   #18
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't really understand you.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:12 AM   #19
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Don't really understand you.
If you get out of the nightmode AlReaderX, then it becomes bright again, if there is no nightmode in the system.
If the system can invert, then it also inverts the images.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:24 AM   #20
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
If you get out of the nightmode AlReaderX, then it becomes bright again, if there is no nightmode in the system.
If the system can invert, then it also inverts the images.
Yes, and that is what I don't want. I want a global inverted colors (I don't mind images inverted as well). Then I can use any software to read.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2021, 08:47 AM   #21
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
Yes, and that is what I don't want. I want a global inverted colors (I don't mind images inverted as well). Then I can use any software to read.
Yes, not only software to read, everything is inverted.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:36 AM   #22
Pajamaman
Wizard

Can likebook invert everything at a global system level?

Back to Onyx. If you're in Koreader or AlreaderX, there is no reason to exit to system as you have many, and frankly better ways of navigating to and opening books from within the apps. No reason to exit to system as long as you are only reading books. I do this all the time.

Rest assured, the night mode on Onyx with AlreaderX and Koreader is very nice for sensitive eyes. I lower the light very low and put on orange light. The letters are gold on black background. Very nice. I have very sensitive eyes and have no problem. You must allow the screen to flash occasionally to reset e-ink screen to prevent ghosting, but it is not disturbing, and I have very sensitive eyes.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 04-08-2021 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:08 AM   #23
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Can likebook invert everything at a global system level?
Yes, even the scribble
Old 04-08-2021, 11:09 AM   #24
Pajamaman
Wizard

That's sweet. Likebook is looking increasingly attractive.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:35 AM   #25
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

However... I've just purchased a Note 3. Modern-er and faster.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:45 AM   #26
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
That's sweet. Likebook is looking increasingly attractive.
If I had the exclusive choice between Onyx-Boox and Boyue-Likebook, I would go for Boyue-Likebook.

However, I like Poke 2/3 visually very much and also Note Air - that's why I also have them.
Poke 2 I use as a glare free nav with Sygic, but not the one in my car.
Poke 3 when I'm walking or using public transportation, so I want to have a small and light device with me
Note Air as a garden/sun computer with keyboard in landscape mode.

For travel I have my Likebook P6 with 512 GB SD card.
For book and documents work at home my Likebook Alita with 512 GB SD card.
For book and documents work on the road my Likebook Ares with 512 GB SD card.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:58 PM   #27
Pajamaman
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
However... I've just purchased a Note 3. Modern-er and faster.
This is the app I use to read on.
AlreaderX pro for e-ink

There are others. But this is my personal fave. It include a reverse night-mode.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:59 AM   #28
rfog
Guru

Quote:
This is the app I use to read on.
AlreaderX pro for e-ink

There are others. But this is my personal fave. It include a reverse night-mode.
Will check.

Thank you!!!!